Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:28:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)  (Read 23075 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: July 11, 2018, 01:09:33 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand November Campaign Schedule

November 1-7th

Campaign Kicks Off in New Hampshire

"I'm honored to be here, in a state that has paved the way for women in politics. This state has given us the first all female delegation in the country, the only women elected Governor and Senator, and was the first state to be carried by a woman in a primary, and I hope to have the honor of repeating the success of women in this state. We are better than our current state of affairs, and New Hampshire will help pave the path to a brighter future for the United States."

Gillibrand campaigned around the state focusing on Medicare-for-All, a postal banking option, and protecting women's healthcare.

November 8-14th

Campaign heads to South Carolina, touring the state with stops in Columbia, Charleston, and Greenville.

"Our prison system is out of control. Private prisons have lead to mass incarcerations, quotas for prisons, cuts to rehabilitation programs, and a cycle that keeps people, particularly people of color, down and out of society. It is beyond time for us to end private prisons, decriminalize marijuana, and implement community policing to end the terrible practice of racial profiling. It's time to end the broken policy that has been exacerbated by Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions' Justice Department."

November 15-22nd

Campaign moves to Iowa, with a strong focus on trade.

"The trade policies pushed by this administration are killing the American farmer that makes up the people I know and love here in Iowa, and back home in Upstate New York. Protectionism is often dressed up as an idea to protect the everyday person, when in reality that's who it hurts the most. We can protect our economy without undermining the farmers that support our communities across this country. I promise to fight for fair trade deals that protect our jobs, the environment, and our interests, without pushing us into a disastrous game of chicken on the world stage."

Along with the rallies, Gillibrand tours local farms, speaking with locals about their concerns.

November 23-25th

Gillibrand stops in Nevada, with rallies in Reno, Carson City, and Las Vegas with a focus on immigration along with the modern importance of unions.

"I can't believe that part of our immigration debate is whether children should be ripped away from their parents, put in detention centers, and pushed through immigration court without a guardian. We need to simplify our system, allow a pathway to citizenship, and abolish ICE, reshuffling immigration back into the Customs Service under the Treasury Department."

November 26-30th

Thanksgiving with family in New York, followed by campaign stops in factories in farms upstate. Gillibrand pushes her agenda on trade and healthcare reform.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2018, 05:45:08 PM by Mycool »

Kirsten Gillibrand Rolls Out Endorsements

In November, Governor Janet Mills and former Secretary of HUD, Julian Castro,  announced their support of Kirsten Gillibrand for President, using the month of December to campaign for her across Maine and Texas respectfully. (Forgot to post this endorsement)

In December, Gillibrand met with former candidate Kamala Harris, and procured her endorsement. Harris joined Gillibrand for a joint rally in California, and spent the month of December campaigning in California and Nevada.

Alongside Harris, Gillibrand met with California’s Senior Senator, Dianne Feinstein. Feinstein endorsed Gillibrand at a rally in California and spent the month campaigning in California and Nevada on her behalf, mostly focusing on the need for women in leadership roles.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad, “Defender,” in Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

“Since January 20, 2017, America has been lead by a divider. We’ve seen attacks on women, immigrants, minorities, and LGBTQ individuals.”

“We’ve had harmful tariffs, trade wars, and instability, but no solutions for every day Americans.”

“We need a leader, a change that our working class can feel.

Kirsten Gillibrand has spent her career in public service fighting for everyday people. She’s pushed for paid leave, lead the public fight against Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, and been a champion for economic equality.”

“It’s time for leadership, progress, and fresh ideas. I’m Kirsten Gillibrand and I will work tirelessly to defend your rights and even out the economic playing field. It’s time to move past the pettiness of politics, and move towards solutions.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

“A mistake democrats make is not pushing forth a bold progressive agenda. I have already put forward a plan for economic equality, including paid leave, equal pay, a public banking option, and Medicare for All. The truth is, a strong economic message is a winning message, and I don’t plan on taking a single state for granted.”

“My first 100 days will include immigration reform with a focus for a path to citizenship. I’m in Congress, and I plan on pushing my colleagues to do the right thing. Next, I will draft an equal pay legislation alongside paid family leave. We can not be the only industrialized country in the world without a paid family leave. Lastly, I’ll move to codify Medicare for All, as this legislation is so paramount to fixing our healthcare system.”

“I’ll be honest, I find the premise laughable. This administration has divided this country in ways we haven’t seen in the modern era. Their trade policies have destabilized decades of low costs on goods around the country. Not to mention it’s attacks on anyone who doesn’t look like them, or have as much money as them. I’d prefer to spend our time talking about how we plan on fixing these challenges.”

“Yes, absolutely. It is time as a country to have an exit strategy. President Obama’s began one, but the current administration seems to only wish to be the Anti-Obama, even when he did something positive. We’ve put our service members at risk in the name of being the world’s police force. I would like to reimagine that goal to be the world’s firefighters, keeping us all safe and secure.”

“My goal is to make an ambitious Democratic Party. We need a Democratic Party that looks like its constituents. That means more women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals in important positions. Mostly, my goal is for us to not be afraid to represent our people, protecting and expanding voting rights, healthcare, and equal right protections. We should not be fearful, but be bold in advocating for progressive social and economic justice, which will help defend everyday Americans from discrimination, from predatory business practices, and from attacks being thrown at them from the people in power. The Democratic Party should stand tall for all Americans.”[/list]
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Debate Schedule

December 1-7

Campaign in Nevada, including a joint event with Kamala Harris in Reno, followed by stops in Carson City, Las Vegas, and tours of rural manufacturing plants. The focus of this stretch will be the jobs guarantee and fair trade practices.

“I’m so happy to be here with my friend Kirsten Gillibrand. Since I joined the senate, she has worked tirelessly to show me the ropes alongside all of her other responsibilities as a Senator and mother, both jobs she handles with aplomb. She’s the best equipped candidate in the race to tackle the responsibilities of being president. She’s lead the fight against corporate donations, for the right for paid leave, and for all people to have a fair shake in this society. I’m so excited, just like so many of you, that we have someone in this race who will stand up for every single one of us.”

December 8-16

Campaign heads to Iowa, crisscrossing the state with the message of Medicare for All, fair trade, and a paid family leave policy. In between urban rallies, Gillibrand meets with local teachers’ unions to discuss education plans.

“The pathway out of this mess is right in front of us, promoting teachers and giving more education funding. We need to pay our teachers fairly, and give them the tools they need for their classes to be successful. We need Medicare for All to make our healthcare system fairer, as too many people go into poverty over healthcare. It’s time to end predatory practices in both education loans and in health insurance companies.”

December 17-21

Gillibrand heads to South Carolina, visiting nurses’ unions to talk about healthcare. Gillibrand’s team scheduled a joint rally with Kamala Harris in Colombia on the 21st. The two talk focus on criminal justice reform and ending privatization of prisons.

“This woman here knows a thing or two about criminal justice reform. She served as California’s attorney general and saw what happens when the little guy is stacked against a corporation. Our current system is unfair, police have to juggle so many responsibilities that of course they drop the ball. But, this is life or death here. We need to end mandatory minimums and begin community policing. No one should be fearful of law enforcement if they’ve done nothing wrong, and it is time our policy reflects that.”

December 22

Debate

December 23-31

Gillibrand spends the rest of the month in New Hampshire, continuing her momentum with speeches and rallies on a public banking option and paid leave. She takes advantage of the proximity to home to go back on Christmas and New Year’s Eve to be with her family.

“We have a system that has left behind the middle class, not to mention anyone who is just making by. If a family member gets sick, if you or a spouse gets pregnant, you are not guaranteed time off. This is ludicrous in a nation as wealthy as ours. Our families deserve to have us present, especially in a time of need. I believe it is paramount to pass paid family leave to ensure no one has to worry about what happens to their job if they need time to be a caretaker.”

Gillibrand sends out Christmas card to supporters
“Happy Holidays from my family to yours! In the new year, let’s keep up the fight for families all around the country.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:20:04 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Rolls Out New Year Endorsements

Amy Klobuchar Endorses Gillibrand in Des Moines Rally

“Kirsten Gillibrand is not only a good friend and colleague, but she is the only choice for democrats this year. As a neighbor up in Minnesota, I can say that no one represents the concerns of the heartland like Kirsten. She’s the toughest person in the race, with an economic plan that makes sense. She understands, unlike this current administration, how trade impacts our rural communities, how we see the effects of tariffs first. I implore you to caucus with her next month and to continue to support her through November.”

Elizabeth Warren Announces Support For Gillibrand in Portsmouth

“As many of you know, I’ve suspended my campaign for President. Now, I know this isn’t what most of us expected when we got into this race, but we will persist. There’s only one candidate that will take on a broken system benefiting the top 1%. Only one candidate offers progressive solutions to modern day banking challenges, in the form of a public option. Only one candidate is qualified to take on a corrupt government full of wealthy individuals only out for themselves. That candidate is Kirsten Gillibrand, and I intend on doing everything in my power to get her nominated and then elected president!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad “Unbought” in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina

“Our politics has long needed reform, especially in terms of campaign finance. But, in the words of a great New Yorker, I remain unbought and unbossed. I’ve said no to PAC money, put forward legislation for public funding of elections, and remained transparent of the corrosive effects of money in politics.”

“If you want someone who you can trust to fight for your values, not the enrichment of special interests, then I’m your gal. I’m Kirsten Gillibrand, and I approve this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2018, 05:47:15 PM by Mycool »

Kirsten Gillibrand January Schedule

Endorsers
Harris and Castro split the month campaigning in Nevada and South Carolina, with a message of immigration reform and criminal justice reform

Warren campaigns in New England, starting in New Hampshire, going up to Maine with a message of banking reform and economic populism

Feinstein fundraises and campaigns in California

January 1-7
Nevada

Gillibrand holds joint rallies with both Harris and Castro across the state. The focal point being pushing for a higher minimum wage and paid leave policy. Gillibrand meets with local unions to discuss empowerment in the workforce.

8-12
New Hampshire

Gillibrand rolls through New Hampshire with several town halls, including a stump speech on campaign finance reform and postal banking.

13-31
Iowa

The rest of the month, the campaign tours through Iowa, with joint appearances with Amy Klobuchar. In Iowa, Gillibrand sharpens her message on Medicare for All, postal banking, and on rural development.

“Our present economic reality is that you need internet access to have any shot at running a successful business. For too long, companies have been afraid to lay down the infrastructure for internet access in our rural communities, which is something I’ve seen all over upstate New York. I think it’s way past time that we lay down fiber like we lay down roads, allowing access to high speed internet in rural areas alongside our urban and suburban communities.”

Gillibrand’s campaign organized an RV tour around Iowa, visiting rural schools, hospitals, and farms, alongside urban enclaves.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Speaks on the Iowa Caucus Results

“A big blow was dealt to the status quo in Iowa last night. The democratic establishment said, ‘You have no chance against a former Vice President and First Lady.’ The polls said, ‘You’re too far behind,you can’t win any delegates.’ Well we proved them all wrong! This campaign is built on all of you, and together we will build a progressive majority to build upon this momentum into New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, and eventually the White House!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Rolls Out Endorsements Ahead of New Hampshire Primary

Emily’s List Sends Out Endorsement of Kirsten Gillibrand to E-Mail List, On Social Media

“We have a clear choice for President. Only one candidate has consistently fought for reproductive freedom, equal pay for equal work, and paid family leave. That’s why we at Emily’s List plan on supporting Kirsten Gillibrand for President. We all have to chip in to be sure our rights are protected from attacks levied at us from the current administration. Kirsten has championed women, lgbtq individuals, and people of color in a way that ensures she will carry that fight into her administration.”

Jacky Rosen Announces Support of Gillibrand in Vegas Rally

“Two years ago, my friend Kirsten supported my own run for the senate, and with her help, I won. Today I am here to announce my support of her as President. She is the fighter we need to take on the Republican administrations that seem hell-bent on attacking the rights of women, minorities, and anyone who is under the top 1%. I plan on working every day to get her elected, and I implore you to do the same!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »

Gillibrand Ramps Up Ad Campaign Before NH Primaries

"Real Job" Runs in New Hampshire, Nevada, and online

"I never had an interest in being a mayor cause that's a real job. You have to produce."

"Isn't it a b*tch? This Vice President thing?"

After four failed years of leadership, we need a President who takes the job seriously, not one who sees it as a punchline for a joke.

"Honestly, nothing happens in Washington until real people stand up and demand action. And it takes real stories and people willing to put themselves out there — and real people to care. It takes enormous courage, but if people are willing to do it, they can actually change outcomes."

"If you’re fighting for something you care deeply about or trying to fight for equality or rights of those who are being disadvantaged or some kind of justice you have to fight, and its not always easy and people will disagree with you and it might be an uphill battle but that doesn’t mean you should stop fighting.”

"I'm Kirsten Gillibrand and I support this message."

"Transparency" Runs in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, and Online

Corporate PACs, dark money, and special interests have taken over our politics.

But, Kirsten Gillibrand has challenged the status quo. She has rejected corporate money, pushed forward bills to increase transparency in Congress, and worked to fight the corruption in Washington.

It's time to take on our broken system, with strong, transparent leadership.

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 10:04:26 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2018, 09:09:33 AM by Mycool »

Gillibrand New Hampshire Campaign Schedule

February 1st

Gillibrand Holds Joint Rally with Elizabeth Warren in Keene, NH

"The Postal Banking Act would absolutely change how we bank in this country. It would allow a strengthened Post Office, with a banking alternative for lower income individuals and rural communities. The fact of the matter is, we need legislation to protect those in society who are preyed on by lenders. My bill does that."

After the event, Gillibrand met with voters and discussed her policy positions.

Gillibrand moves to Manchester, rallying on healthcare reform and paid family leave.

February 2nd

Gillibrand Holds Town Halls in Merrimack, Hudson, and Goffstown on support for Medicare for All

"I've been pushing for Medicare for All since I've been in politics, and that includes while I was representing my conservative district Upstate. The fact is, this will give us an option to fix our broken healthcare system. No one in America should go broke because they or a family member gets sick, and this is the best first step toward preventing this."

Gillibrand spent the rest of the day touring Hillsborough County.

February 3rd

Gillibrand Tours Derry Public Schools, Meeting with Teachers to Discuss Education Reform

In Salem, Portsmouth, and Londonderry, Gillibrand holds rallies on trade and automation.

"I understand many in our communities have been displaced from their jobs in a post-NAFTA world, however, the problem here is automation. That's why we need a federal retraining program, as we did with textile factories decades ago, alongside ambitious programs like rural development of fiber so our communities can have internet access. I will fight these disastrous tariffs the Trump administration is pushing, and work for fair trade deals to strengthen our relationships around the world."

February 4th

Kirsten Gillibrand Holds Rallies in Laconia and Rochester, afterwards she spends the day meeting voters all over Carroll County

February 5th

Gillibrand campaigns on combating the opioid crisis in Berlin and across Coos County

"We need medical marijuana legalization to combat the opioid crisis that is impacting our country. Drug companies have fought our progress here, and special interests haven't helped. In the Senate, I cosponsored a bill to legalize medical marijuana to allow us to research the benefits, and reap the rewards of them. Our communities need all of the help they can get to combat these challenges, and this is a step in the right direction.

February 6th

Gillibrand meets with nurses' unions to discuss healthcare reform and how to strengthen the power of unions in the country

February 7th

Gillibrand tours farms around New Hampshire, focusing on protecting small farms from trade disputes and cuts to SNAP

February 8th

Gillibrand holds listening tour to meet voters and hear their concerns

February 9th

Gillibrand rallies in Manchester and Nashua on Equal Pay

"The FAMILY Act is one step in modernizing our economy. We will all someday find ourselves in the position of being a caregiver. I have experienced it with my children, as I know many of you have. If it's not our children, then it's our parents, our spouses, or any other loved on. It's not enough to offer platitudes to people in these scenarios, we need to ensure that their bills are paid, there's food on the table, and that they are not punished for giving to another."

On election night, Gillibrand holds a joint event with Elizabeth Warren, rallying supporters.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

Gillibrand Releases Response to Biden and Jones

“These attacks on my record are laughable at best. I have long said my record in the House was colored by my experience in my district. While in the senate, I have fought tirelessly for the rights of my constituents, and that includes evolving on immigration. In response to Vice President Biden, with all due respect, your words speak for themselves. I will not back down from attacks that misconstrue my record.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Victory Speech

“New Hampshire, we did it! With your help, we dealt a major blow to the status quo, showing that voters are tired of the old guard and politics as usual. I am so grateful for all of your hard work across the state, knocking on doors, making calls, and donating your hard earned money towards our campaign. I can promise you that I will continue on this campaign for you, focusing on equal pay, paid family leave, protecting and expanding your healthcare, and pushing a bold, progressive economic agenda. Let’s carry this energy to Nevada and South Carolina! Thank you.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Gillibrand Endorsements and Surrogate Schedule

Al Sharpton Endorses Gillibrand at GOTV Rally in Colombia, SC

“I am so glad to endorse Reverend Kirsten Gillibrand for President! She can take us to church, can’t she? To be serious though, she is the only candidate speaking truth to our needs as a community. She is the only person talking about real solutions to wage disparity in minority communities, to the mass incarceration that is targeted towards black and brown men, and to the rampant corruption we see so clearly in politics. I will be working to get this woman elected with every fiber of my being. Come on South Carolina, let’s rock the political establishment like we did back in 08!”

Sharpton focused his time in South Carolina, energizing voters.

Cory Booker Joins Gillibrand in Charleston

“As you’ve heard, my friend Kirsten Gillibrand is running for President. She is the smartest, hardest working colleague I have ever met. She has cosponsored a medical marijuana bill to address our criminal justice crisis, rejected corporate PAC money, and made it her mission to elect women and people of color. The facts are, we have a choice to make. We can choose a compassionate fighter to work tirelessly for our values or sell ourselves short. I’m confident in all of you to make the best choice for our nation.”

Senators Booker and Harris spend the week crossing South Carolina, speaking to minority communities about the importance of electing Gillibrand.

Jacky Rosen and Julian Castro spend their time in Nevada, working with unions to make plans to caucus for Gillibrand.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad "Compassion" in Nevada, South Carolina, California, Massachusetts, Virginia, and online

"The job of President is one that requires many traits that have been highlighted before: charisma..."

"But, I think the most important trait is compassion."

"Compassion guides my whole life in public service, it's what influences the bills I craft, the nominees I vote for, and the issues I don't back down from. We need a leader with compassion for everyday Americans."

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 04:36:35 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad ‘Renewable’ in Nevada, California, Maine, Texas, Vermont, and Online”

“We’ve long been told we need to choose between energy independence and clean energy.”

“The fact is, that’s just not true, and we see that in states all around the country. Wind, solar, and biofuel have surged ahead, allowing safe, green production right here at home.”

“An aggressive expansion of renewable energy production not only keeps our air breathable and our water drinkable, but it provides good paying jobs to American workers who need to catch a break.”

“Alongside a renewable energy plan, Kirsten Gillibrand has pushed ahead with a federal retraining program meant to help all of those left behind by automation.”

“I’m Kirsten Gillibrand and I support this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 12:33:07 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad "Liberty" in South Carolina, Nevada, and in Super Tuesday States

"As a New Yorker, I've always been drawn to what the Statue of Liberty represents for us as a country.  'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.' With that inscription, America made a choice."

"But somewhere along the path, we lost our way."

"I'm running for President to pave a new path forward, inspired by those words we all know and hold dear. So children won't be separated from their parents, so the color of your skin doesn't dictate whether or not you can move forward in society, and so men and women can participate in the workforce without fear of harassment or assault."

"I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I support this message because America is at its best when we are all afforded equal opportunity."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Campaign Schedule

February 10: Joint Rally with Cory Booker

February 11th: Rally in Charleston

"America was built on opportunity, but we are failing our women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals. Women's healthcare is being attacked, we haven't reached equal pay for equal work, and we still have no paid family leave. My plans help reach a hand out to those in our society who need help the most. While my opponents bicker about records, I look to put forward plans that do the actual work of improving the livelihood of Americans."

February 12th:

Barnstorm in Mount Pleasant and North Charleston, with a focus on postal banking and environmental reform, honing in on the coastal implications

February 13th-15th:

Listening Tour of York and Greenville, hearing about the issues facing the communities

February 16-17th:

Rallies in Florence and Sumter

"Our call as a nation should be to help the least fortunate among us. The most prosperous nation in the world has enough money to entangle ourselves in endless wars, but not to pay for healthcare or family leave? Something is majorly wrong here. I will work tirelessly to change the direction of our country into a more compassionate one."

February 18-20th:

Rallies across Las Vegas with Jacky Rosen

"My friend, Kirsten Gillibrand, has a plan for immigration, starting with DACA and DAPA being codified into law. Let me tell you, she has worked hard to get bills passed in the Senate before, and she will work just as hard as President to protect DREAMers and immigrants all over the country."

February 21-24th

Barnstorming in Carson City and Reno, talking about the future of green energy across the state and country

February 25th:

Joint Rally with Kamala Harris in Las Vegas

"We will not rest until children can go to bed without worrying about a parent being deported, and a parent can rest knowing they will not have their child ripped away from their arms. We've seen what the Republicans offer us on immigration, and it is absolutely brutal. However, we know that there is another way for us to be. My plan is to make DACA and DAPA into law, pushing forward with immigration reform, and simplifying the path to citizenship in this country."

February 26-27th

Gillibrand campaign tours solar plants throughout Nevada and California, meeting with manufacturers

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Gives Speech Regarding SC and NV in Los Angeles

“What a night! Once again, we outperformed polls and expectations to surge ahead in both South Carolina and Nevada. While the field seems to be shrinking, I want to say that we still think this is a race worth competing in. We still need to push for criminal justice reform, paid family leave, and reforming the financial system to work for all of us. With your help, we will push ahead into Super Tuesday with a wave of momentum and shake the status quo! Thank you!”

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad "Fair Trade" in Super Tuesday States

"We've seen what the Republican policy on trade is, using tariffs to raise the prices on farming equipment, motor vehicles, healthcare equipment, and products made from steel and aluminum. These policies harm farmers, healthcare workers, and every day Americans just trying to balance their own budgets."

"These tariffs not only harm our relationships with allies such as Canada, but also harm our workers due to retaliatory policies."

"My fair trade policy focuses on the impacts on middle class Americans, not corporations. We will push for trade deals that focus on economic growth, environmental protection, and balance of US interests, rather than a trade war."

"I'm Kirsten Gillibrand and I approve this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:46:46 AM »

Gillibrand Campaign Rolls Out New Endorsements, Surrogate Schedule

Tina Smith Endorses Gillibrand in Duluth, campaigns across the state in support of her

"As some of you may remember, one of the first people I went to when I was sworn in was Kirsten Gillibrand. My friend, Amy Klobuchar, told me that there was no greater mentor to have in the Senate than Kirsten. Well, she has proven that to be an indisputable fact. She has stood up for women, for policies that impact rural America, and for LGBTQ Americans who just want the same rights as everybody else. I gladly endorse her for President, and I'm excited to get on the road with Amy to get out the vote in our great state!"

Tim Kaine Endorses Gillibrand in Richmond

"Folks, Kirsten is an inspiration. I've long had strong women impact my life, and I'm so proud that she is one of them. Her first move in the Senate was fighting against the archaic policy of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, she has fought tirelessly for equal pay, paid family leave, and criminal justice reform. I'm proud to call her a friend, and I want to make sure we Democrats make the best choice in our primary to take on whatever mess the Republicans throw at us. My friend, Kirsten is the best choice."

Amy Klobuchar campaigns around Minnesota for Gillibrand, doing joint events with Kirsten and Tina Smith, and separate rallies focused in rural Minnesota

"Kirsten is the only candidate with a rural broadband plan, she is fighting the hardest against failed trade policies, and has a postal banking bill focused on helping rural communities get access to a good, secure bank. It's very clear who we Minnesotans need to support."

Kamala Harris and Cory Booker Campaign the South from VA to TX, focusing on postal banking policy and criminal justice reform

Elizabeth Warren crosses New England, campaigning on progressive economic policies

Julian Castro campaigns on immigration reform in Texas
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Campaign Schedule February 27-March 1st

February 27th

Gillibrand Tours Colorado

Rally in Denver

"It's time for Democrats to be bold in espousing progressive policy to enrich the lives of Americans everywhere. We need decriminalized marijuana to combat the opioid crisis, we need a paid family leave policy, and we need public options for both healthcare and banking. We can not react to the extreme platform of the Republican party by being complacent in our push for progress."

Rally on Immigration Reform in Aurora

Town Halls Across Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Lakewood on Medicare for All

Tour of Rural Colorado, meeting with voters impacted by trade war

February 28th

Gillibrand Campaign Heads to Minnesota

Joint Rally with Amy Klobuchar in St. Paul

"There is so much that makes America great, but I believe it can be fairer. I believe we shouldn't worry about our politicians being owned by special interests or that our elections can be bought by billionaires and corporations. We should absolutely overturn Citizens United and end corporate PACs all together. We should have publicly funded elections to get money out of politics and make our politicians work for us, not the donor class."

Gillibrand Holds Joint Rally with Tina Smith in Minneapolis

Town halls in Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, and Plymouth on Postal Banking

Rallies along Iron Range, focusing on fair trade

Electoral Reform Rallies in St. Cloud

Medicare for All town halls across rural towns throughout the state

February 29th

Joint Rally with Elizabeth Warren in Boston on Postal Banking and removing money from politics

Rally in Arlington, Virginia

"Our friends, our neighbors, and our ancestors are immigrants, yet the Republican Party has decided to punish those who seek a better life here. DACA and DAPA need to be codified law, and we can do something about it by electing Democrats across the board. I will not allow the conversation to be muddled with hateful rhetoric about people who want to share their success and opportunity with this country."

Town Halls around Hampton Roads on environmental protections and paid family leave

Rallies in Richmond on decriminalizing marijuana and criminal justice reform

Rally in Charlottesville, calling on a renewed push for civil rights

Listening Tour Across Rural VA, ending in Knoxville, Tennessee

March 1st

Town Hall in Chattanooga on Postal Banking

Rally in Nashville

"Our politics has long been dominated by a wealthy, white, male class that is having their status quo rocked during this election. Voters are saying, 'We don't want politics as usual, we want something new.' I am here to offer that new perspective and upend the status quo that has ruled our politics. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals all need a seat at the table to make decisions that effect all of us."

Rally in Memphis on electoral reform and paid family leave

Campaign Flies to Houston, rallying on immigration reform

Town Halls in San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso on Public Banking and Immigration Reform, focusing on DACA and DAPA
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »

Gillibrand Runs Ad "Land of Opportunity" in Super Tuesday States

"Our country's purpose is to allow everyone to have the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their race, religion, sexuality, or economic status."

"But, Republicans, lead by Donald Trump and Mike Pence, slashed taxes for the wealthiest among us, claiming that everyday Americans would benefit from billionaires paying even less in taxes. It was a lie."

"Kirsten Gillibrand has an economic plan to fight against the corporatism in politics, and make sure that these billionaires pay their fair share."

"She will fight against the disastrous trade and immigration policies that have made it harder for everyone just trying to keep themselves afloat."

"I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I support this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Runs Ad "Care" Nationwide

"Before the Affordable Care Act, people could be denied insurance due to a pre-existing condition, including pregnancy."

"Those who couldn't afford insurance were left with no options on the table, and often would avoid seeking the care they need because it was too expensive."

"We need to not only defend the ACA, but reform our healthcare system further, offering Medicare for All so that no one has to go broke in order to get the care they need."

"This system is one of the most effectively run government programs, and offers us the potential of universal coverage that this country so desperately needs."

"I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I support this message."
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies