Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
Left

Right

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?  (Read 5764 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »

You hate metal more than every other person in the world combined, so left by default.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »

You hate metal more than every other person in the world combined, so left by default.
That's saying that BRTD is left wing though.
Oh yes, I forgot, anybody to who isn't as far left as you is automatically a right-winger. Roll Eyes
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »

I don't mind your terrible music taste. But I really mind you spamming this board with random subjects you're obsessed with.

That's probably the best thing about AAD. All the BRTD nonsense is contained to one single board.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:48:59 PM »

Left, I guess. I say that solely because the loudest moral guardians of the 2010s seem to be left-wing rather than right-wing this time. Social conservative Evangelicals seem to have been replaced with Social Justice campaigners.

No, not replaced. The two exist side by side.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:21:36 PM »

There are still a lot more hidebound sociocultural conservatives out there than there are BRTD-style 'alternative' liberals. Add to that High Tory (or non-Commonwealth equivalent) types who would tend to hate metal (and most rock, most pop, rap, et cetera) for perhaps less obviously ideological reasons. Definitely the right.

Agreed.  Most conservatives, according to opinion polls I've seen, prefer country and Classical.  Those who prefer the latter more are probably more the "High Tory" or "wine track" type, while those preferring country would be more "beer track," though there's plenty of folks, myself included, who like both. 

This is just anecdotal, but from personal experience 80's pop and classic rock also seems to popular among conservative Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies