NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:46:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47367 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« on: January 26, 2021, 12:25:14 PM »

I hope Rev. Barber runs and wins the primary - I think he has the best chance of flipping this seat. The Jackson template has repeatedly tried and failed, so I think it's time to try something new. But Erica Smith is also an incredibly weak candidate. We see from the GA runoffs that southern voters are receptive to black religious leaders; it would be good for both black turnout and winning a high enough chunk of the limited swing voter pool.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 10:13:42 AM »

I hope Rev. Barber runs and wins the primary - I think he has the best chance of flipping this seat. The Jackson template has repeatedly tried and failed, so I think it's time to try something new. But Erica Smith is also an incredibly weak candidate. We see from the GA runoffs that southern voters are receptive to black religious leaders; it would be good for both black turnout and winning a high enough chunk of the limited swing voter pool.

Lol Jeff Jackson is gonna win the primary, and Tim Ryan is gonna run for Senate in OH, I doubt the other candidates win, Warnock was a special case, Stacy Abrams and Obama endorsed him

Tim Ryan is gonna run due to fact the R gerrymandering of OH

Portman gave away his seat to Tim Ryan, if in fact he runs which it looks inevitable

*What does Tim Ryan have to do with this discussion of NC?
*What makes Warnock a "special case"? Why wouldn't Obama and Abrams endorse the Democratic candidate in NC as well?
*Why do you think Tim Ryan has such a strong general election advantage in this Trump +8 state?

I don't post here much so I may be out of the loop / violating consensus norms by responding to you, but you aren't making any sort of coherent sense at all.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 10:48:45 AM »

Man, this might end up beating PA for the best D Senate primary race of the cycle.

Edit: Just read up a bit on Jeff Jackson and I'm not really a fan. I think Erica Smith will be my preferred candidate in this primary.
I know she’s probably more progressive but she’s also a bit of a DINO in many ways. She endorsed a bunch of republicans for the state legislature in this last election.

Really? That's weird. I have more researching to do then. I'm interested in Beasley as well, but Jackson strikes me as being similar to Cunningham in presentation and rhetoric? Also I would love to see more black women in the Senate lol.

Edit: Wow, just read up on those endorsements of Republicans last year. Seems like she did those out of nothing more than spite and her voting record is nowhere near as progressive as she wants folks to think. That's disappointing. I didn't pay much attention to the 2020 Senate primary, but supported Cunningham once he won the primary...this is just absurd, though. Maybe Beasley will be my preferred candidate but I was not a fan of the rhetoric I had seen from Jeff Jackson regarding Bernie Sanders' chances in 2016. There's a lot of time left before the primary lol.

I agree with you about the downsides of both Smith and Jackson (I don't care about anti-Bernie stuff, but Jackson feels like Cal 2.0 to me - time for a different approach). Beasley seems like a slam dunk to me. Her and Kenyatta are the first candidates I'll be donating to this cycle.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:42:37 AM »

This race probably goes from Lean R to Tilt R, since McCory probably is the favorite to win the nomination unless Trump runs.

What about Walker?

McCrory, Robinson (if he runs), and Trump (if she runs) are all likelier to win the primary than Walker. Not basing that on this poll alone, but it shows the general magnitude of Walker's name recognition deficit:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/548028-lara-trump-leads-gop-field-in-north-carolina-senate-race-poll-shows
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »

Pat McCrorys YouTube Announcement is even more devastating for Democrats. He isn't even mentioning President Biden, all about VP Kamala Harris who is the most far leftist VP in the History of this Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6GKNj9Y-0&t=108s

And this is what Republicans should be doing the next 3 years. Go after Harris!

Lmao. What. During the campaign, the GOP had NO clue how to land an attack on Harris (same as is now the problem with Biden). They were torn between "soft on crime / radical left" and "Kamala the cop." Totally cringe.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »

Nice
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »

More consolidation around Beasley - great stuff!

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »

Several more Beasley endorsements (all from black women / AKA members in the U.S. House) - Underwood in particular stood out to me

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »

Several more Beasley endorsements (all from black women / AKA members in the U.S. House) - Underwood in particular stood out to me

Underwood is significantly younger than the others (she is in her early 30s, while the rest are in their 50s, 60s, 70s, or even 80s) and is likely-just as likely, if not more likely than Beasley, and far more likely than the others-to become a Senator herself one day.

Agreed - that's largely why I think her endorsement is the most interesting / notable
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 09:46:47 PM »

Okay, so it looks pretty clear that Ted Budd will be the next Senator from North Carolina. Nothing more to see here.

I don't disagree that Budd is the frontrunner, but if someone was going to beat Budd, it was never going to be Walker; it was going to be McCrory. So I don't really agree that the state of the primary has meaningfully changed here as a result of Walker dropping out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies