Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 211438 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: February 10, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »

Seriously, Bushie.  Is it about getting dressed up to go to work?  Is it pride?  Do you think you're above the service industry?

I don't see how someone could see themselves above the service industry and yet sign on to do sales in the year 2015. The salesman is a scumbag job.

Do I have to post the Leave It To Beaver pic again?  It's not about what actually is and is not scummy or low class.  Bushie wants to dress up and go to the office like the black-and-white 1955 idealistic Ameriscape that he wants his life to be... practicality and pragmatism be damned.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1801 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34:25 PM »

But he wants to help support small Mom & Pop brick-and-mortar Main Street stores, such as Target.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1802 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34:47 PM »

I know I said I would turn down the sales job from this morning, but I did not.  Here's why.  There is no end in sight to the CAD job search.  I need income.  I need a filler job until I find a CAD job.

http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-tulsa,+ok/q-retail

You're going to make literally $0 at this sales job.
1. The job has a base salary

2. Don't tell Bushie that he's completely hopeless, that's not going to help him. By all means criticize him and tell him how he can improve, but telling them that he's going to fail no matter what isn't helpful.

Christ, dude, you're like that guy who shows up halfway through the movie and thinks he knows what is going on.

Bushie isn't making a dime at no sales job. Never has, never will.

You're attacking him because he's defending me?  Stay classy.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1803 on: February 10, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »

Seriously, Bushie.  Is it about getting dressed up to go to work?  Is it pride?  Do you think you're above the service industry?

I don't see how someone could see themselves above the service industry and yet sign on to do sales in the year 2015. The salesman is a scumbag job.

Do I have to post the Leave It To Beaver pic again?  It's not about what actually is and is not scummy or low class.  Bushie wants to dress up and go to the office like the black-and-white 1955 idealistic Ameriscape that he wants his life to be... practicality and pragmatism be damned.
lolololol
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1804 on: February 10, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

This should be interesting.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1805 on: February 10, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »

I know I said I would turn down the sales job from this morning, but I did not.  Here's why.  There is no end in sight to the CAD job search.  I need income.  I need a filler job until I find a CAD job.

2. Don't tell Bushie that he's completely hopeless, that's not going to help him. By all means criticize him and tell him how he can improve, but telling them that he's going to fail no matter what isn't helpful.

Christ, dude, you're like that guy who shows up halfway through the movie and thinks he knows what is going on.

Bushie, Wulfy doesn't know your history with sales and call centers.  There are good reasons we recommended Uber and pizza driving as stopgap jobs.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1806 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »

I'm the one defending you, Bushie. He and this man who "hired" you are the sick perverts leading you off a cliff of a scam sales job for their own pleasure.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1807 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »

Hey!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1808 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »

Hahahahaha, this is hilarious.

For the past month, people have been telling Bushie to get a job with Uber, or delivering pizza, or in retail. But no, no, no, Bushie has his sights deadset on CAD(D).

And yet the first call center job that just happens to fall into his lap (what, he accidentally applied for and interviewed for it?), and he immediately jumps back into this nonsense.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1809 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:05 PM »

If Bushie had a nickel for every sales job he failed at, he'd have larger sum of money then he made at all his sales jobs combined.

Hey!!

Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1810 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »

So the guy is still interviewing people tomorrow yet he extended a same-day job offer to Bushie for one of a very few open positions? That is simply not credible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1811 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »

So the guy is still interviewing people tomorrow yet he extended a same-day job offer to Bushie for one of a very few open positions? That is simply not credible.

I'm not entirely sure how that works.  It could be that he's hiring someone out of the Monday group, one out of the Tuesday group, and one out of the Wednesday group.  In which case, there would be 3 positions open.  I really don't know and it's none of my business, really.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1812 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »

I'm not entirely sure how that works.  It could be that he's hiring someone out of the Monday group, one out of the Tuesday group, and one out of the Wednesday group.  In which case, there would be 3 positions open.  I really don't know and it's none of my business, really.

Or it could be you're just getting conned again and he's hiring whatever bodies fall for those buttered up compliments.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1813 on: February 10, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »

Or it could be you're just getting conned again and he's hiring whatever bodies fall for those buttered up compliments.

I seriously doubt it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1814 on: February 10, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1815 on: February 10, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

To be fair, if Bushie was an HR Manager, that's probably how he would do it, following a fiscal calendar changing ritual.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1816 on: February 10, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »

This season is going out strong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1817 on: February 10, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »

Everybody wanted a nice plot twist to shake things up, didn't they?  The writers delivered!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1818 on: February 10, 2015, 11:07:48 PM »

Sad.
Panda Express

« Reply #1819 on: February 10, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »

He called me at 1700 this evening and said he chose me because I appear to bring wisdom and the maturity to be able to do what I need to do to do this job right

lol
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1820 on: February 10, 2015, 11:17:25 PM »

He called me at 1700 this evening and said he chose me because I appear to bring wisdom and the maturity to be able to do what I need to do to do this job right

lol

obvious scam is obvious
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1821 on: February 10, 2015, 11:30:59 PM »

Bushie, just try to make some friends at this job instead of counting down to the next time you tag along to Albuqueque.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1822 on: February 10, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »

Bushie, just try to make some friends at this job instead of counting down to the next time you tag along to Albuqueque.

What kind of friends can you really meet at a scam job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1823 on: February 10, 2015, 11:58:37 PM »

Right now, we have no trips planned because we went there twice last year.  With a new job, I can't take off real soon so there would be nothing to date of which to countdown.  So, that factor is out of the equation.

I plan to be very sociable (which is a big for me).  I want to make friends with the manager and my fellow sales reps.  I think it will be a good experience.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1824 on: February 10, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »

Bushie if you get fired from this job before you find a CAD(D) job will you get a job driving an Uber or delivering pizza finally?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies