MI-13: Will Rashida Tlaib win re-election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-13: Will Rashida Tlaib win re-election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Rashida Tlaib win re-election?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: MI-13: Will Rashida Tlaib win re-election?  (Read 2381 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: July 20, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »

She's definitely highly vulnerable in a primary (Brenda Jones, anybody?), but for the reasons that everybody has already brought up (competent constituent outreach, the feud with Trump, her national prominence), I'd still guess that she'll win re-election, yes.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 02:42:11 PM »

She’s safe in the primary.

That's a relief.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »

I don't buy early polls, but to answer the question, no, she won't win re-election. She's running in a city with a strong machine presence and strong African American presence. She won by a plurality as multiple African Americans split the vote, I don't think she's as lucky this time. And regarding the Trump thing, Brenda Jones could easily adopt anti Trump rhetoric, which would cancel out her only chance.

My prediction: Brenda Jones 56-44 over Rashida Tlaib (inc.)

Disagree. Even considering the fact that she's not black in a black VRA seat (even a seat which has a black State Senate seat within it that unseated a longtime white incumbent for a random black candidate who didn't campaign, no less), she's polling over 50% with 1/6th to 1/4th of the electorate undecided.

Prior to this poll, I understand how Tlaib could lose the primary, considering how close it was in 2018. But at this point, if she's polling at 56% with Brenda Jones only at 19% on the hypothetical ballot, then I think sure she's practically secured her seat at this point.

Yeah, the other squad members are way safer (obviously nobody's wrong in saying that she's the most vulnerable Squad member) but with these kinds of numbers, I'd say that she's still unlikely to be toppled.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »

Ummm, trusting polls a year before the election, oh yes, this is so accurate

I'm trusting what I'm being told the mood of the electorate is at the moment, yes. If that happens to change over the course of the next year, then so be it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2021, 04:55:59 PM by brucejoel99 »

What’s with this district why do they like her so much?

Districts like when their representatives are, y'know, good. Novel concept, I know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies