Opinion of Karl Marx (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:17:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Karl Marx (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Karl Marx
FF (D)

FF (R)

FF (I/O)

HP (D)

HP (R)

HP (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of Karl Marx  (Read 3038 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: February 27, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »

He was a great thinker, journalist and historian.  His economic theories are fundamentally flawed and wrong as proven by history and subsequent understanding.  But, they're still valuable as historical documents and intellectual exercises.

Also, it's ridiculous to lay the crimes of 20th century Marxists at the feet of a writer. 

Probably the second or third most important person to have ever lived, accounting for only Jesus Christ and Adam Smith. Definite FF, even though a lot of what he postulated and predicted has at this point been refuted and/or hasn't happened yet. Hopefully that changes in the next century or so, and the social parasites are once and for all brought under heel.

What is that supposed to mean?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »

It could be argued he is the most evil person ever born. I personally agree with that argument.
No
Did not his philosophy destroy the human spirit? Did it not force individuals into a collective? Did it not put forward the nauseous theories of "state ownership" and the "Labor Theory of Capital?" How many were murdered on the alter of reaching his utopian system? Marx murdered the human spirit and his system degrades the rights of man. He is the ultimate of all evil.

Karl Marx didn't run any countries.  Do you also blame JD Salinger for the murder of John Lennon?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies