19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:06:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 19603 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 11, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »

Aaron Coleman is not a good guy. I hope Frownfelter can mount a write-in campaign!

Nope. Kansas has a sore loser law.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

What is wrong with this dude? The State House Speaker should refuse to seat him, this is insane.

This would set a very disturbing precedent (i.e. refuse to seat someone to not lose the majority).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:25:04 PM »

Again, how the hell did Frownfelter bungle the primary this badly? How much oppo did his campaign do & how much did they spread the word? Is he just a bad candidate and/or politician? Did Coleman run a particularly strong campaign? Poor turnout? I wouldn't have much faith in Frownfelter if he stays in Topeka because the legislature refuses to acknowledge the 19-year-old edgelord that may get more votes than him

There is very little opposition research done for low-level races like state house because those campaigns just don't have the budget to hire a bunch of lawyers and consultants to compile giant binder-sized dossiers on people like in presidential races.

You do basic stuff - look at the financial disclosures, check for a criminal record or tax liens. Old people don't get how social media works; they're not going to look into that stuff. Certainly nothing to the level of a presidential race where you're going to the candidate's alma mater and requesting a copy of their senior thesis to look for something incriminating.

Notice how whenever a low-level politician like a local mayor or state legislator gets caught in a scandal, it's usually because of something a particularly resourceful journalist uncovered, not something their opponent's campaign found.

Wouldn't this have came up in a criminal record check?

As stated before, he was 11 then.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 05:05:02 PM »

God I'm just disgusted at all the people here either defending this monster or saying this doesn't matter.  Do you realise how creepy and weird you guys are looking defending this.

I agree, but I also think democracy is important.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies