Opinion of Brian Schatz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Brian Schatz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of Brian Schatz  (Read 3257 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:19:19 PM »

How can you be more electable than someone guaranteed to win the general election?
The same thing was said about Al Gore and Kerry. Look where that lead this country.

They did say that Al Gore and Kerry would win the election in Hawaii. And they did. Rather decisively.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:14:52 AM »

Hawaii is one of the most (the most?) Democratic states in the union. It stands to reason that you should thus try to get the most liberal Senator possible. Why waste Hawaii on some moderate hero like Hanabusa? It's not complicated. This is even aside from the seniority arguments.
Hanabusa isn't a moderate hero.

I'm hawkish, her too. I'm "moderate" socially, like her.
I really can't stand Schatz, too "left libertarian".

She's not a moderate hero... but you're advocating for her because her opponent is too far to the left and because she's hawkish and running as a moderate.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »

Hawaii is one of the most (the most?) Democratic states in the union. It stands to reason that you should thus try to get the most liberal Senator possible. Why waste Hawaii on some moderate hero like Hanabusa? It's not complicated. This is even aside from the seniority arguments.
Hanabusa isn't a moderate hero.

I'm hawkish, her too. I'm "moderate" socially, like her.
I really can't stand Schatz, too "left libertarian".
She's not a moderate hero... but you're advocating for her because her opponent is too far to the left and because she's hawkish and running as a moderate.
moderate socially, not economically.

That's besides the point - Schatz is too. Her main distinctions are that's she to the right of/more 'moderate' than Schatz on several issues, and that a dead guy chose her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies