UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:53:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10  (Read 2310 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 05, 2020, 01:38:04 PM »

Looks like McMullin 2016 voters are breaking 41-40 Biden / Trump according to this poll.

Also Biden +16% among women in Utah!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:58:06 AM »

Looks like McMullin 2016 voters are breaking 41-40 Biden / Trump according to this poll.

McMullin himself endorsed Biden, so it's clear that many of his voters are heeding him and moving over to the Democrats this year. Hopefully Biden manages to permanently raise the Democratic floor in the state. Given that even Mitt Romney underperformed in the 2018 midterms, losing two counties (Grand and Summit) and almost losing Salt Lake County, I think that he will. Utah is not going to vote over 70% Republican again anytime soon, that much is for sure.

Interesting... I hadn't looked at the 2018 UT-SEN GE for comparison....

So does anybody else think that Salt Lake County might actually not only be a DEM PRES win in 2020, but even possibly a DEM 50%+ County?

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 03:15:30 AM »

McMullin himself endorsed Biden, so it's clear that many of his voters are heeding him and moving over to the Democrats this year. Hopefully Biden manages to permanently raise the Democratic floor in the state. Given that even Mitt Romney underperformed in the 2018 midterms, losing two counties (Grand and Summit) and almost losing Salt Lake County, I think that he will. Utah is not going to vote over 70% Republican again anytime soon, that much is for sure.

Interesting... I hadn't looked at the 2018 UT-SEN GE for comparison....

So does anybody else think that Salt Lake County might actually not only be a DEM PRES win in 2020, but even possibly a DEM 50%+ County?

Very easily. Obama in 2008 got 48.7% while only getting 34% of the statewide vote, and Biden should do at least 4% better than that, possibly as much as 8% better.

So now how do we look at Utah and Weber Counties within the context of 2020?

I would expect that McMullin '16 voters in UT in '16 would tend to break more heavily DEM in "Urban" parts of the State, and that Rural Mormon McMullin Voters much more likely to break Trump.

McMullin '16 voters along the Eastern Valley between the Great Lake and the Mountains, would be much more predisposed to vote Biden > Trump, I suspect, especially in the College Town of Provo.

Utah County haven't really looked at it much other than the 2018 CD results....

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=386520.msg7510652#msg7510652

Most of us around here aren't that familiar with Utah Political Geography and Political Sociology, but the struggles are and having always been fought in the streets and battles of Public Opinion, and plus there is a whole new Generation of UT-Mormon Voters that might have different opinions, since after all LDS only started to move hard DEM back in the '70s, and Reagan exploited that in the Mountain West States....

***Is McMullin Stumping for Biden in Utah ***

If not, why not?

Can't imagine it would take that many donors for a McMullin Biden endorsement Ad to be played in what are relatively inexpensive media markets of SLC....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 03:39:33 AM »

Not to mention Romney voting for an Article of Impeachment...

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see McMullin voters end up something like 59-39-2 once all of the votes are counted in Utah, considering recent events...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies