Michigan : Biden +11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:52:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michigan : Biden +11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan : Biden +11  (Read 2659 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »

Biden leads Trump 52/41 in the state according this poll from Epic-MRA

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/06/14/donald-trump-behind-joe-biden-michigan-poll/1446377001/

This poll is in line with other polls which have showed Trump deeply underwater in Michigan

But there are two big red flags
Biden is winning 12% of republican voters
Biden is winning Northern Michigan
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »

Michigan polling overestimates Dems, yada yada, etc. but it should be obvious Trump is an underdog in Michigan, and that his win was comparable to Obama's win of IN in 2008.

Yeah, he is the underdog but I wouldn’t go as far that comparing his 2016 win to Obama’s win of IN in 2008 which was really a fluke
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:23:37 AM »

Yeah, it will obviously tighten, but I really don’t see him winning without MI and PA.

Did they poll the Senate race lol?

No they didn’t

Maybe it will come later
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »

Michigan polling overestimates Dems, yada yada, etc. but it should be obvious Trump is an underdog in Michigan, and that his win was comparable to Obama's win of IN in 2008.

Yeah, he is the underdog but I wouldn’t go as far that comparing his 2016 win to Obama’s win of IN in 2008 which was really a fluke

Why isn’t it comparable? It was a right place, right time, right opponent, right level of effort high water mark that was both predictable and unthinkable.

Michigan was never a D stronghold, Bush came very close to win it in 2004 and Michigan has elected numerous republicans to statewide offices over the past two decades, it’s why the decision of Clinton campaign to ignore the state was foolish. Indiana on the other hand was a republican stronghold which had not voted D since 1964, and most of the time republican victories were not close, in 2004 Bush had won Indiana by more than 20 points, and with the exception of Evan Bayh few democrats were able to win statewide elections in Indiana, it’s why the victory of Obama in 2008 was so surprising
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 02:47:44 PM »

... But there are two big red flags
Biden is winning 12% of republican voters
Biden is winning Northern Michigan

I said it before.
We can not overlook THE FACT that Biden will pull more GOP voters away from trump, than any of the other Dem candidates (those that are in the top 4-to-5 positions at this time).

He will maybe win 6% of republican voters rather than 4% for Harris or Warren but I doubt that he will win 12% of them like this poll is suggesting
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies