Congress reminds us that Christians are awesome. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congress reminds us that Christians are awesome. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress reminds us that Christians are awesome.  (Read 8592 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: December 13, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »

WTF with Mike Pence

And I bet Alcee Hastings is still complaining about the song "White Christmas" like he did last year
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »

It's funny sad how the other resolutions for the various religions in the nation received a higher yea vote. 

Correct, if this was resolution on the Importance of Hanukkah and the Jewish faith and a congressman voted NO, they would be called anti semitic.
Or God forbid Muslim, gay, lesbian, black, Asian, illegal immigrant, executions would be called for
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »

Considering Chrisitans are the most persecuted group in the country, this is a great measure.  Nothing give you more of chance of getting in trouble than being a rich white Christian male.  You can't claim discrimination left and right, you can't claim affirmative action, and everyone can claim you discriminate against them
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »

Considering Chrisitans are the most persecuted group in the country

If by "persecuted" you mean "are in the vast majority in the Western world and are in control of every single facet of the United States and basically every other Western country", then yes, they're certainly very persecuted.
You must look at the common Christian man.  The double standard is so immense against him because like you say "OMG they have such much power nothing could be wrong."  Everything gets blamed on them.  Perhaps it extends farther to simply the white male.  It is hard to dispute that the range of things a minority can do without reprecussions is much higher than that of a white man.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:21:07 PM »

You must look at the common Christian man.  The double standard is so immense against him because like you say "OMG they have such much power nothing could be wrong."  Everything gets blamed on them.  Perhaps it extends farther to simply the white male.  It is hard to dispute that the range of things a minority can do without reprecussions is much higher than that of a white man.

Yeah, that's unfair.

But, at the end of the day, you're still a wealthy, white Christian male, and you still control virtually everything.

You complain that minorities and the poor should suck it up and stop complaining, and then you expect everyone to be empathetic toward this?  Tongue
I'm saying everyone should suck it up, but if there is going to be double standards I'm going to point them out
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »

I'm saying everyone should suck it up, but if there is going to be double standards I'm going to point them out

The only problem is that you're rich and priveleged; prejudice rolls off you more easily.  The same is not true for those who are struggling economically.

I'm economically conservative-leaning too, but I'm not pig-headed about it.  People might be prejudiced against me, but it's not going to affect my future in the same way it would someone less fortunate.
I see quite a difference, however, in economic and business related prejudice then social prejudice.  For example, if an employer tells a black man he can't have a job because he's black, that's unacceptable.  However, example, Rush Limbaugh should not have lost his job on ESPN because of his McNabb comment.  Consider the fact that Mark May is constantly saying on ESPN that Charlie Weis is staying because he is white and Tyrone Willingham was and does not lose his job.  Or any of the comments Sharpton, Cynthia McKinney, and Jessie Jackson have said.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »

Welcome to being in the vast majority.  That's what happens when you're in the vast majority, are in control of everything, and allow the other people a voice.  You wanna stop it, you can be like Saudi Arabia where any words against those in control are met with harsh and cruel punishment.  Otherwise, you gotta take the bad with the good - and believe me, there's a whole lotta good that you seem to be ignoring.
This idea that Christians control everything could not be farther from the truth, if you were to say Judeo-Christian people controlled the vast majority I would agree with you.  Also, remember that while race is set in stone, people that claim to be Christians do not necessarily have to be.  And or could be from religions that claim to be Christians but could not be farther from imo
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 03:33:54 PM »

This idea that Christians control everything could not be farther from the truth, if you were to say Judeo-Christian people controlled the vast majority I would agree with you.

Politically, no, it actually is the truth.  Christians are in the vast, vast majority in terms of elected positions.  See the bit I added to the post you replied to.
Ah, but the difference between elected power and actual power is huge.  You don't think some people heading up large corporations do not have a large amount of influence?  And again, their is a difference between your power holder and your common man.  Why should I suffer (and believe me I fed up of this crap because I do suffer from these laws with my outspokenness) because my people are in power when I have nothing to do with it?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »

Ah, but the difference between elected power and actual power is huge.  You don't think some people heading up large corporations do not have a large amount of influence?  And again, their is a difference between your power holder and your common man.  Why should I suffer (and believe me I fed up of this crap because I do suffer from these laws with my outspokenness) because my people are in power when I have nothing to do with it?

Enumerate your suffering, if you would.  Does it break your itty-bitty heart that people don't express their love and adoration of Christians and Christianity twenty-four hours a day?

Your inability to understand in even vaguely correct terms the real meaning of the word "persecution" underscores how ridiculously pampered your existence really is and how frivolous your complaints really are.
I am constantly getting in trouble in school because say the things I say are racially motivated when at the same time kids say things against Christians and it is OK.  The common thing I see here is "Christians are the majority so shut up we can do whatever we want to you."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies