Who is the Democratic Desantis? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:34:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is the Democratic Desantis? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the Democratic Desantis?
Newsom
Polis
Lamont
Carney
Ige
Pritzer
Laura Kelly
Beshear
Bel Edwards
Mills
Whitmer
Sisolak
Murphy
Lujan Grusham
Cuomo
Cooper
Brown
Wolf
Mckee
Northam
Inslee
Evers
Walz
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who is the Democratic Desantis?  (Read 2860 times)
SaneDemocrat

« on: June 06, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »
« edited: June 06, 2021, 01:49:07 PM by SaneDemocrat »

Someone who can be loved by the base with some crossover appeal.This is a small thing but every Desantis YouTube has like 1k likes & 50 dislikes.

1.Desantis
2.Abbott
3.Noem seem to be the 3 favorites.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »

Not true.Look at how well he did in 2018
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »

I agree that Cuomo is the most comparable if we're talking about demeanor and style of governance.

But if we take a different approach, my first thought was Whitmer. DeSantis is a governor of a large Tilt/Lean R state who is extremely popular among Republicans but became a national lightning rod for Democratic criticism during COVID. With regard to his personality and his ideology, he's a pretty good representation of what the GOP seems to favor these days; he has Trump-like characteristics but is a little more restrained, and he loves capitalizing on flavor-of-the-month culture war issues and playing to right-wing media. Whitmer is a governor of a large Tilt/Lean D state who is extremely popular among Democrats but became a national lightning rod for Republican criticism during COVID. With regard to her personality and ideology, she's a pretty good representation of what the Democratic Party seems to favor these days; she governs very much like a run-of-the-mill center-left politician (not unlike, say, Biden) and really plays up her "relatable suburban mom" persona, reflecting the party's increasing reliance on suburban women.

And, of course, both would presumably be viable national candidates in the future, although I'm not sure I see Whitmer wanting to make the jump.

(I know the original post is asking for a politician who is popular with the base and has crossover appeal, but I don't really know why that's being deemed the "Democratic DeSantis." I'm not convinced he's capable of outrunning the Republican baseline in FL by more than a few points.)
Outside of Trump obviously,he is second most liked R in the country pretty easily
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »

People like Roy Cooper huh
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 10:56:15 AM »

It would be Yang if he were a governor in my opinion
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies