Will Mia Love lose in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:59:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Mia Love lose in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: I mean....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Will Mia Love lose in 2016?  (Read 7458 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: November 05, 2014, 12:21:45 PM »

No.

She will prove her worth as an effective member of Congress and be rewarded with re-election.

She already intends  to shake up Congress. 

From Wikipedia 

She has said that if elected to Congress, she would “join the Congressional Black Caucus and try to take that thing apart from the inside out” and has described the Democrat-dominated Caucus as characterized by “...demagoguery. They sit there and ignite emotions and ignite racism when there isn’t. They use their positions to instill fear. Hope and change is turned into fear and blame. Fear that everybody is going to lose everything and blaming Congress for everything instead of taking responsibility."
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

Maybe. As I've been saying for many, many years, the virulent racism of the morman cult should not be under-estimated. I believe the results in UT-04 last night once and for all vindicate my position.

Your statement is patently ridiculous.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) is probably the fastest growing Christian religion in the world.

It was no doubt mostly Mormons who elected the first Republican black woman to the U.S. Congress, and racists are not going to be voting for a black person, man or woman.

Mormon voters and Mia Love made history.

Her name may be Mia Love but Mormons love Mia.     
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

Maybe. As I've been saying for many, many years, the virulent racism of the morman cult should not be under-estimated. I believe the results in UT-04 last night once and for all vindicate my position.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) is probably the fastest growing Christian religion in the world.

It was no doubt mostly Mormons who elected the first Republican black woman to the U.S. Congress, and racists are not going to be voting for a black person, man or woman.

Made history by electing a black woman to Congress?

Welcome to the 20th century.

Have you ever considered, good sir, that this is likely the first opportunity they have had of sending a black woman to Congress?  Had they had that opportunity a century ago no doubt they would have elected her then.   

Not to nit pick, but this is the 21st century. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »

Nope, the first Haitian-American elected to Congress. Remember, you liberals love distinctions like that!

Thank you for the distinction. 

I am very pleased with the people of Utah, Mormons and non-Mormons alike, for electing the first Haitian-American woman to Congress.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »

Have you ever considered, good sir, that this is likely the first opportunity they have had of sending a black woman to Congress?  Had they had that opportunity a century ago no doubt they would have elected her then.   

My comment flew way over your head.

Oh, I got your snarky remark Mr. Smart Pants.

And it really wasn't all that clever or original.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »

Have you ever considered, good sir, that this is likely the first opportunity they have had of sending a black woman to Congress?  Had they had that opportunity a century ago no doubt they would have elected her then.    

My comment flew way over your head.

Oh, I got your snarky remark Mr. Smart Pants.

And it really wasn't all that clever or original.

Good. I'm glad that the Republican Party is just now catching up to where the Democrats were when The White Album came out.

And I'm glad the Democrat Party has become more tolerant since their days when they fought tooth and nail to keep blacks in chains and working on plantations of wealthy white landowners when they stubbornly opposed President Lincoln and the Republican Party in their valiant efforts to outlaw slavery back in the 1860's.

It may have taken the Democrat Party 100 years to come around to the Republican view of freedom for blacks, but better late than never. 

As a result of Republicans freeing the blacks, the Democrat Party now has the black vote that they can take for granted election after election.  Congratulations Dems.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2014, 12:48:55 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Nope, the first Haitian-American elected to Congress. Remember, you liberals love distinctions like that!

The first Haitian-American elected to Congress and the first black Republican woman elected to Congress.

Making double history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies