NJ-11: Frelinghuysen retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:05:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-11: Frelinghuysen retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-11: Frelinghuysen retiring  (Read 8359 times)
King Lear
Russian Federation

« on: January 29, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »

I’m really perplexed why these Republicans are all retiring, considering that this is probably going to be a nuetral cycle.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 05:10:55 PM by King Lear »

If Democrats are going to flip the House this year, then this is definitely a must-win district for them. The fact that Frelinghuysen is retiring, definitely makes this a much easier pickup for Democrats. However, the one big problem Democrats may face in some of these wealthy, White, Suburban, districts, is that with the big Tax cuts and the booming stock market it's going to be hard for Rich, bigoted, White people to vote for Democrats that will raise their taxes and give their money to the "others" (ie. Black people).
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »

I think a solid R Assemblyman has at least even odds to hold this seat unless the SALT cap becomes a major issue. There is not only a Republican base here, but a functioning R machine that endures when Frelinghuysen leaves. A lot of normally R voters will vote D this year but not sure enough to flip it. We'll see. This will be on the more interesting elections.

This district dislikes trump health care gop culture wars and the tax bill

wtf is the republican going to campaign on if all 4 of these things are unpopular in the district?

I had to Google this to see if this was serious. My heart sinks to know that it is.

Wow...

It looks like that after 50 years of getting White people scared of "The Blacks", and 25 years of getting them scared of "The Mexicans", and 15 years of getting them scared of "The Muslims", they are now desperate to get them scared of a new powerless group of people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies