Iran is still on only its 2nd Supreme Leader, Khamenei since ‘89. The future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iran is still on only its 2nd Supreme Leader, Khamenei since ‘89. The future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iran is still on only its 2nd Supreme Leader, Khamenei since ‘89. The future?  (Read 778 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 11, 2024, 01:00:32 PM »

While Hannity makes him out to be some Al Baghdadi-like irrational actor, it is worth remembering that this Ayatollah if anything held Ahmadinejad on a tight leash and has intervened politically to keep him out of office. That’s always stuck with me.

Ofc besides his obviously odious anti-Jew rhetoric, I always thought Ahmadinejad (from their perspective) was a strong solid leader. So if the Ayatollah wants him out of power, it must mean he’s relatively pragmatic instead of being some fanatical zealot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:44:20 AM »

I should be clear though that Ahmadinejad is still unambiguously a disgusting character.
A colorful character, none the less.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies