If the tickets flipped: Biden/Obama Vs. Palin/McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:38:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  If the tickets flipped: Biden/Obama Vs. Palin/McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the tickets flipped: Biden/Obama Vs. Palin/McCain  (Read 3594 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: April 18, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »
« edited: April 18, 2009, 09:07:03 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

Obama: 458
Palin: 80

Explanations:

LA:  Biden as a White Catholic who would win the black vote unanimously vs. a tool like Palin.  I would go out on a limb and say he'd win the Cajun vote.

AR, TN, KY, WV:  Still either very Democratic (AR/WV) and fairly Dem (TN) and Biden definitely appeals to white blue collars plus these states are not as religious as some may think.

PA: D>60% and DE: D>70%:  Biden on top of the ticket would electrify the votes from Scranton to almost OC, MD plus I could see him winning PA 3, 4, and 12 out in Western PA due to the ... Yeah, what Jack Murtha said.

Temptations:

SC (Upstate and Bob Jones pulled me back), MS (Obama not on top), and WY
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

LOL

First of all, it's Biden vs. Palin. Secondly, you think Obama would beat Palin in KS, NE, AR, TN, LA, KY and WV? That makes no sense at all! She'd do better than McCain in those states!

The Southern ones you mentioned were definitely helped by racial issues.  Now a Mike Huckabee would do better than McCain and would definitely hold those states except WV vs. Biden.  NE and KS are not really that religious and I'd think would be turned off by Palin.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »

Do you guys relize how ridiculous it is to think that Kansas would vote for Biden? Palin is the perfect fit for most Kansas residents. Republicans have a 300,000+ voter registration lead in Kansas. A Democrat would have to get over 80% of Independant support to win the state... :/ 

I think Biden would win the Kansas "Mods" (Republicans) against Palin.  Giuliani or Romney?  i'd agree with you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies