NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:55:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: NRA Membership surges by 100,000 since Sandy Hook  (Read 3406 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »

Alright. I wish to abolish the 2nd amendment, as I don't believe people have an inherent right to a gun, and because it seems evident that easy accessibility to guns in society has a strong corelation to rates of violent crime and further leads to a "culture of fear" where everyone needs more guns to protect themselves and so on. And to fight the evil federal government, when they come to take away the guns, of course.

I imagine you dispute my findings and disagree with the conclusion.

Is our debate over then?

I don't get why it should be abolished, instead they could interpret it as it said. That all gun owners should be pafrt of a well regulated militia. If you want to own a gun, you better take off 3 month to get full training under government supervision, and afterward set off several weeks every year so that they can see if your training is up to date or lose you permission to own guns. Of course in case of emergency the government should be able to call you up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »

From Obama's presser today:

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week. But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president, and where you get a step that, has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then i want to go ahead and take it."

The NRA membership will double within a week, and there won't need to be any weapons bans because there will be no supply left.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »

The Brady Campaign has raised $5 million and it says it has increased is membership by 100,000 since Sandy Hook
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/brady-campaign-raises-5m-post-sandy-hook-86157.html?hp=l8

The same membership increase as the NRA. The difference is that the NRA already had about 4.1 to 4.3 million members before Sandy Hook, whereas the Brady campaign had only around 28,000 to 50,000. So the Brady Campaign has more than tripled its membership and doubled its budget.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »

The Brady Campaign has raised $5 million and it says it has increased is membership by 100,000 since Sandy Hook
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/brady-campaign-raises-5m-post-sandy-hook-86157.html?hp=l8

The same membership increase as the NRA. The difference is that the NRA already had about 4.1 to 4.3 million members before Sandy Hook, whereas the Brady campaign had only around 28,000 to 50,000. So the Brady Campaign has more than tripled its membership and doubled its budget.

NRA membership will hit 4.5 mil in no time......
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »

Oh you knew this was coming after yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies