should middle schoolers be able to wear "Lets go Brandon" shirts at school? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:09:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  should middle schoolers be able to wear "Lets go Brandon" shirts at school? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: should middle schoolers be able to wear "Lets go Brandon" shirts at school?
yes, of course

yeah, probably

no, because you shouldn't advertise politics in school

no, because you shouldn't advertise politics that are not approved by the school

you just don't get it dead0

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: should middle schoolers be able to wear "Lets go Brandon" shirts at school?  (Read 2817 times)
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

« on: June 01, 2023, 07:58:11 PM »

As a middle school teacher, I would prefer that political paraphernalia of any kind are kept home. It is hard to enforce it at the school itself (for a whole host of reasons), but whenever someone does wear something political, it almost always leads to problems. It is sad that that is the case, but it just is. Kids can be cruel, and may use something that they do not truly understand to hurt another student that they do not like.

It is for this reason that I have banned *all* political paraphernalia from our East Coast/Washington, DC trip—I don't need to deal with a big blow up 3,000 miles away from home. The trip is not technically a school sponsored trip, so they can either follow my rules on that or stay home. Luckily there has been no pushback on that rule and if there was, I really would not care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies