Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 11170 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: June 12, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »

It's DISGUSTING that the victims here plus the Muslim community will be used as political capital by both Trump and Clinton. With TRUMP we're going to get another tirade about how "we must all be banned" "how we all secretly support Omar Mateen" "how we can't be sure Muslims aren't plotting against us".
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »

It's DISGUSTING that the victims here plus the Muslim community will be used as political capital by both Trump and Clinton. With TRUMP we're going to get another tirade about how "we must all be banned" "how we all secretly support Omar Mateen" "how we can't be sure Muslims aren't plotting against us".

IMO, we don't need more immigration, period.  We have enough Americans to fill our job market.  That might be a remedy to so many Americans leaving the job market, and to employers discriminating against job applicants merely because they've been out of the workforce for a long period of time.

Emigrating to America is not a RIGHT.  It's something WE allow, based on what is in OUR national interest.  It's not xenophobia to point out that those who encourage easy immigration are folks who want to manipulate the demography of America to the point where the Democrats have a hammerlock on the White House and the Congress.  I don't care about that one way or another, but I do care about the principle of sovereignty and the aspect of it that states that a nation has every right to control its own borders.

That's all fine and dandy, but don't sit there and demonize one community because the actions of a minority. We don't blame the entirety of white people for the mass shootings committed once every 2-3 days in the country, I could blame white people for killing my brethren in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria, or the Jews in Israel for my family's exile from their ancestral homeland in Palestine, but I don't.

Trump acts like Omar Mateen was an Afghan immigrant, when he wasn't, he was born here, he abused his ex-wive, had mental issues and got triggered when he saw two gay men kissing in Miami. He probably turned to Da'esh as a result of that cause "muh anti-gay stance".

And who cares about demographics? The only ones complaining about that are white rednecks and/or conservatives who don't want too many of us "brown skinned" folks walking around. BTW, we're ONLY Democrats for the most part because of the GOP's stances that actively harm or negatively affect the African American, Arab, Muslim and Hispanic communities. Deal with your own in-house problems first before worrying about us "scary minorities".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies