Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:27:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ... swing the race more towards Clinton or Trump?
Clinton

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Does the recent gun massacre of 50+ LGBT people in Orlando, Florida...  (Read 11173 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« on: June 12, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »

This event has blown the lid off the political conversation among my friends/family, on FB and elsewhere. Even liberals I know are in open rebellion against Obama for refusing to name the enemy. Despite my politics, most of my friends are white, Catholic or mainline Protestant MBAs and lawyers. These were supposed to be the sane, #NeverTrump people who'll be part of Clinton's winning coalition in November, but a huge number of them are at least reconsidering their support of Clinton because of her association with Obama. This is the Obama generation that voted for him in '08 who are rejecting him and literally echoing Rudy Giuliani's "Obama doesn't love America like you and I do" line. They said this kind of thing would help Trump, but based on the small slice of America that I see, the impact is even bigger than I thought it would be.
Huh? Obama's approval rating is the highest in years. It's solidly over 50%. I admit that this is more due to GOP attacks shifting away from Obama than anything he did recently, though.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »

I care very much about their attitudes to liberal democracy and Constitutional liberties.  I don't want to wake up one day and find America voted out of its Constitutional liberties.
Then why support Trump??? He wants do exactly what you fear Muslims are going to do.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »

And yet his plan to do this somehow doesn't involve boots on the ground, weapons sales to other groups, allowing the Assad regime to remain in tact, a no-fly zone, just letting Russia do it...

I could go on.
The people complaining about "PC culture" care more about using the right words than doing anything about the problem. They have become exactly what they oppose.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:46:41 PM »

From the most recent polls, it seems to be Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies