Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:29:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unpopular take; Trump is still a stronger R nominee than DeSantis  (Read 1794 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« on: December 02, 2022, 06:13:21 PM »
« edited: December 02, 2022, 06:18:31 PM by SN2903 »

Trump is weak, the amount of Trump fatigue not just when in it comes to independents but also now on the right is becoming very real. Trump's entire act grows tiring when it results in nothing but loss after loss. He is a far weaker candidate than many realize.

I am still not sure that DeSantis is this powerhouse candidate but I think his biggest threat is not Trump but somebody else.
Youngkin. He is 6'7" (would be the tallest president ever), has underrated charm/charisma and is a successful GOP governor from a blue state who effectively is running on Trump's policies on culture and economics.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 05:06:36 PM »

Love him or hate him like I do, Trump is undeniably charismatic. When I saw him in person at a rally early in the 2016 campaign (I initially went for the lols), I walked out knowing that this guy was a legitimate contender for the presidency then.

As always, I think 'charismatic' is not quite the right word. Trump inspires as much revulsion as adulation. His presence is polarizing - few people walk away from Trump saying, "I really disagree with him, but he seems like a good person." Trump appeals to those drawn to evil, and weak-minded fools. He is a vile and persuasive huckster, but I think Obama, W, and Clinton all had far more charisma than he does.
Anyone who gets elected President has some level of talent and skill. Just how it is.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 05:09:51 PM »

Love him or hate him like I do, Trump is undeniably charismatic. When I saw him in person at a rally early in the 2016 campaign (I initially went for the lols), I walked out knowing that this guy was a legitimate contender for the presidency then.

As always, I think 'charismatic' is not quite the right word. Trump inspires as much revulsion as adulation. His presence is polarizing - few people walk away from Trump saying, "I really disagree with him, but he seems like a good person." Trump appeals to those drawn to evil, and weak-minded fools. He is a vile and persuasive huckster, but I think Obama, W, and Clinton all had far more charisma than he does.
Anyone who gets elected President has some level of talent and skill. Just how it is.

I disagree.
Really? Name someone who got elected and was talent less?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »

I disagree.

Dubya. Trump.
W was a seriously talented retail politician. Even Democrats admitted that. Trump is talented at branding and showmanship. MAGA was a powerful slogan that worked pretty dang well for a while. I disagree completely that they had no talent.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 05:19:42 PM »

I disagree.

Dubya. Trump.
W was a seriously talented retail politician. Even Democrats admitted that. Trump is talented at branding and showmanship. MAGA was a powerful slogan that worked pretty dang well for a while. I disagree completely that they had no talent.

When the electorate is as dumb as it is, having no talent can actually be an asset.
The electorate is definitely erratic. We tend to go on wild swings as a nation from W to Obama to Trump. I honestly think a lot of it is personality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies