Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:02:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: After Trump separates children from parents and family by overturning DACA, do you still consider yourself a Republican?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA  (Read 4253 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: September 05, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »

Yes because I dont believe in rewarding breaking the law. No matter who it is

So a baby who's born in Guatemala and brought to the United States by their parents is "breaking the law?"
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:55:31 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2017, 10:58:05 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

So a baby who's born in Guatemala and brought to the United States by their parents is "breaking the law?"
Yes since they dont have the proper documentation, dont have permission to be here, and entered the country illegally. If my parents brought me into idk, say Japan when i was a kid, do i have the right to stay or demand that they allow me to stay?

It's not a question of rights, it's a question of morals.  You have no say where you end up as a child.  A child cannot apply for documentation.  Why should they be penalized because their parents broke the law?  In what other areas of the law do we apply this rationale?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:11:41 PM »

Yes since they dont have the proper documentation, dont have permission to be here, and entered the country illegally. If my parents brought me into idk, say Japan when i was a kid, do i have the right to stay or demand that they allow me to stay?

It's not a question of rights, it's a question of morals.  You have no say where you end up as a child.  A child cannot apply for documentation.  Why should they be penalized because their parents broke the law?  In what other areas of the law do we apply this rationale?
The law requires you to be a US Citizen or have proper documentation if you want to be in this country, if you dont, tough. Under your method, the whole world would be flooding in here with their kids. Bottom line is i believe that we should cater to Americans rather than foreign nationals

Well, that's the Republican attitude, obviously.  In a rut because of circumstances beyond your control?  Tough.

And you probably go to church each Sunday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies