Is Christopher Colombus a victim of Cancel Culture? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Christopher Colombus a victim of Cancel Culture? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Colombus Cancel Culture?
Yes and he deserves it

No because it's not Cancel Culture in his case

Yes and he doesn't deserve it

No because Cancel Culture doesn't exist

Some other option

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Is Christopher Colombus a victim of Cancel Culture?  (Read 3555 times)
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: October 09, 2022, 09:05:53 AM »

How about someone who is actually relevant to modern Italian-Americans?
Because if it were up to us we'd have a day celebrating a fictional boxer.

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »

Memes aside Tony gives the correct take here; you can’t cancel something that never was. Columbus didn’t have to change his surname walking through Ellis Island, he ain’t help great great pop-pop when he lost 2 children to the disease-ridden squalor of early 20th century South Philly, he wasn’t in the Navy Yard alongside my great pop-pop installing the Battleship New Jersey’s boilers, he didn’t stand up when Frank Rizzo preyed upon Italian-American racial biases to break their New Deal Era solidarity via urging Philly to “vote white”, he never put a dime in the pension nor insurance funds which took care of my pop-pop as he was dying from radon exposure, he ain’t bail out my uncle getting beaten on in the drunk tank overnight, he didn’t take in my cousins as his own when that same uncle OD’d off vicodin,  he never babysat me when my dad worked 2 jobs as a mailman and Dominos delivery boy to put my mom through grad school, he never loaned my family a dollar during the Recession when I was killing kitchen mice because we couldn’t afford a damn exterminator, you catch my drift. Columbus wasn’t there during our struggles nor did he work towards our success. So please, someone explain in plain English why me or any other wop/wopette should claim that colonial rapist mf as our progenitor when the most he ever did was give us a public holiday my privately-employed ass doesn’t even get off for?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies