Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:50:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Ted Kennedy is dead.  (Read 22650 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: August 26, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »

RIP

I guess the talk of his life should be reserved for later
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:23 AM »

Really?  Do you know how many worse comments are posted about conservatives when they die who aren't murderers?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »

Coburn has a point, we can dig up the threads from deaths of people like Jesse Helms, Jerry Falwell, Henry Hyde, etc. and see that the words were anything but kind.  The excuse was "OMg thEy wAs EviL peOpLE"
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »

Coburn has a point, we can dig up the threads from deaths of people like Jesse Helms, Jerry Falwell, Henry Hyde, etc. and see that the words were anything but kind.  The excuse was "OMg thEy wAs EviL peOpLE"

Of course you forget to mention that these were indeed racists, bigots and overall hateful indivinduals, so the cheering over their deaths was understandable.
Roll Eyes You seriously are retarded, there really is no other word for it.  Obviously conservatives hate what Kennedy has done just as much as you hate when any of those people have done.  And none of those people killed anyone
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »

I hope you guys realize that fighting over the disrespectful comments isn't making a positive change in what this thread will be.  Instead of being pages of respectful remembrance with a few blemishes, it's now pages of anger and politics with a few glimmers of respect.
Very similar to all the pages that I bumped.

In fact each time I said that if liberals on here wanted to play that game, I would play that game when this guy died
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

Maybe its because he drove the wrong car:

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

Republicans: they bash true American heros and defend bigoted assholes.
This is easily one of the most naive and moronic statements ever uttered on this forum
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:12:02 PM »

Republicans: they bash true American heros and defend bigoted assholes.
This is easily one of the most naive and moronic statements ever uttered on this forum
Do you know what hyperbole is?
Nothing appeared hyperbolic about that statement.  It certainly seems like you were implying Ted Kennedy was a freedom fighter and Jesse Helms was a bigoted idiot is a fact
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 02:20:15 PM »

Besides there is more evidence on my side? Do you think that someone who went up against the civil rights movement, supported the tobacco industry and race baited people is a great guy?
I never implied that Helms was the greatest senator in history or anything close, I did imply, however, that he was better than Ted Kennedy. Although with the bills Kennedy proposed, perhaps none worse than No Child Left Behind and the health care debacles he's tried for, Helms was a better senator and human being.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »

I've got something to say to all the people suggesting that Ted Kennedy deliberately drove a car into a body of water just to kill a young woman:

Why? Why would Ted Kennedy drive a friggin car into water on purpose just to kill somebody while risking himself possible grave bodily harm?

Somebody please give me a logical reason.
To suggest that Ted Kennedy drove the car off the bridge with the intent of killing her is moronic, it was his course of action that he tried to cover his own ass rather than get her help that lead to her death.  Criminally neglient homicide is the correct term I believe
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »

I'm sure she could have been saved if he had gotten help right away, she died quite some time later.  The fact is even if there was only slim hope, the fact that he didn't get her that slim hope is repulsive
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 01:36:04 PM »

I'm sure she could have been saved if he had gotten help right away, she died quite some time later.

She drowned. How much time is "some time later"? What was emergency response like in that place at that time?
I'm sure the emergency response was top notch, the Kennedy's wouldn't have it any other way
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies