Preferred method of taking communion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:48:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Preferred method of taking communion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Preferred method of taking communion
Breaking a piece of bread off and dipping it in wine

Receiving a little wafer and little cup of wine

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Preferred method of taking communion  (Read 1695 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 17, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »

The Russian Orthodox way (which so far as I experienced, involves the former) is cool, but as a non-member I an relegated to taking the Eucharist the mainstream Catholic way.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »

The Russian Orthodox way (which so far as I experienced, involves the former) is cool, but as a non-member I an relegated to taking the Eucharist the mainstream Catholic way.

The former is an okay description of how we do it. What we do specifically, for the information of those in this thread, is cut the bread into small pieces and suspend them in hot wine, with the priest spoonfeeding it to the faithful. I like the Orthodox way of doing it and prefer BRTD's way from the options given, because it reminds us of Paul's exhortation to the Corinthians, "For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread."

My first time at an ROC service I mistakenly took communion because, per my recollection, Catholics were supposed to be able to take the Eucharist anywhere. Tongue At your church, is there a small table one approaches after receiving communion, at which there is additional bread and wine? Such was my experience and it struck me as rather odd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies