GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:08:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 143367 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: February 16, 2021, 11:10:05 AM »

Politico's reporting that Loeffler (& obviously Collins) are also considering challenges against Warnock:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/15/perdue-2022-warnock-georgia-469075

Loeffler is also considering running again in a rematch against Warnock, as is former Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), who finished third in the special election in November.

A Perdue vs. Loeffler vs. Collins vs. MTG primary would be completely f**king insane. How do y'all think it would turn out?

Loeffler would finish in a very distant fourth because she lost to Warnock already and was never in good graces with the GOP base. Perdue I think finishes second by winning most of the establishment R's. Collins and MTG split the Trumpist R's. Collins gets 1st, MTG 3rd.

Collins 34%
Perdue 30%
MTG 28%
Kelly 8%
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »

Politico's reporting that Loeffler (& obviously Collins) are also considering challenges against Warnock:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/15/perdue-2022-warnock-georgia-469075

Loeffler is also considering running again in a rematch against Warnock, as is former Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), who finished third in the special election in November.

A Perdue vs. Loeffler vs. Collins vs. MTG primary would be completely f**king insane. How do y'all think it would turn out?

Loeffler would finish in a very distant fourth because she lost to Warnock already and was never in good graces with the GOP base. Perdue I think finishes second by winning most of the establishment R's. Collins and MTG split the Trumpist R's. Collins gets 1st, MTG 3rd.

Collins 34%
Perdue 30%
MTG 28%
Kelly 8%
Who would you expect to win the runoff between Collins and Perdue?

Doug Collins. Collins will get most of MTG's support, and Perdue most of Loeffler's support
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 11:55:49 AM »

Holy cow, the same story happened to both John Lewis and Herschel Walker

Apologies for quoting Brooklyn Dad Defiant, I just wanted the video

Why is there a bunch of jump cuts to different backgrounds? And why would it be unbelievable that relatively similar stories happened to Walker and Lewis? I despise Walker, but use your noggin Brittain33 lol.

Don't believe everything you see on the Internet... especially if the source is Brooklyn Dad Defiant.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 07:02:42 PM »

I moved from supporting nobody to supporting Walker after this debate.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 07:07:03 PM »

I genuinely don’t know how this debate could improve your opinion of Walker, can you please elaborate?

I can understand if it didn’t change your opinion, or if you were supporting him before and continue to do so, but to go from undecided to pro-Walker? How?

I went into the debate thinking he was very stupid because of the media coverage. I thought he did perfectly fine in the debate and I definitely underestimated him. He answered questions far more directly than Warnock and held Warnock's feet to the fire when Warnock tried to act as if he was not just a Biden rubber stamp. He handled conflict well and was respectful at the same time. Clear contrast with Walker being open about his mental struggles in the past and Warnock evading basic questions like the supreme court and whether Biden should run or not.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 07:11:18 PM »

I genuinely don’t know how this debate could improve your opinion of Walker, can you please elaborate?

I can understand if it didn’t change your opinion, or if you were supporting him before and continue to do so, but to go from undecided to pro-Walker? How?

I went into the debate thinking he was very stupid because of the media coverage. I thought he did perfectly fine in the debate and I definitely underestimated him. He answered questions far more directly than Warnock and held Warnock's feet to the fire when Warnock tried to act as if he was not just a Biden rubber stamp. He handled conflict well and was respectful at the same time.

I had low expectations for Walker, but they were pretty much met and not exceeded. He seems pretty dumb from the clips I caught—to be fair, I assume the too-boring-to-clip moments are the ones in which he would be most coherent.

Doesn't seem like this is going to move many votes and the race is still Lean Warnock, for me.

Yes, media clips from Twitter are going to show the dumbest moments, especially when they are trying to paint a narrative. I think his health care answers were the weakest (although that's also the policy positions I am the most liberal on).

Overall, I am still expecting a significant overperformance from Warnock compared to Stacey Abrams. I have the race as Warnock + 3, Kemp + 8 right now.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 07:18:36 PM »

I can see Walker gaining some R support from this debate actually. Obviously he’s not convincing any Biden voters to go his way but he may have calmed some Rs who just weren’t sure if he was lucid enough to stand on two feet and put words together for an hour.

I do think Warnock wins, though I now think it’ll be a runoff. Was expecting this to be a knockout blow honestly, surprised Walker did ok.

(I'm a Biden voter)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 07:24:44 PM »

DTC is a crazy person, that's how.

To me, what is crazy is completely ignoring how big of an issue inflation is in this country. One of the biggest reasons why I voted for Joe Biden is democrats have traditionally had a better record on inflation, and Trump contributed a lot to the national debt. But the second Joe Biden came into office, he implemented many policies that contributed to inflation an exacerbated it, such as the American Rescue Plan, the rent moratorium, expanded unemployment, $400 billion student loan debt removal, among other poorly thought out policies. But I suppose looking good in your circle is more important than being able to afford basic goods and services.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

DTC is a crazy person, that's how.

To me, what is crazy is completely ignoring how big of an issue inflation is in this country. One of the biggest reasons why I voted for Joe Biden is democrats have traditionally had a better record on inflation, and Trump contributed a lot to the national debt. But the second Joe Biden came into office, he implemented many policies that contributed to inflation an exacerbated it, such as the American Rescue Plan, the rent moratorium, expanded unemployment, $400 billion student loan debt removal, among other poorly thought out policies. But I suppose looking good in your circle is more important than being able to afford basic goods and services.
The national debt and inflation are two separate issues, but you thinking they are super connected is about as intelligent as the american public. Anyways im not gonna blow smoke up your *ss for a vote, besides what exactly do you propose to reduce inflation beyond insane rate hikes which would cause a huge recession?

Oh and you literally supported the same policies last year and threatened to switch your vote if you didnt get your stimmy check so….yeah your track record speaks for itself.

We need tax increases and spending cuts. Slight increases to taxes on everyone -- especially the rich -- and Social Security retirement age raised to 70, as well as a slight reduction in SS payments. More will need to be done to reduce the national debt, but we have to be careful not to cause a depression. This will not fix inflation by itself (unless it causes a severe recession), because we still have the problem of a bunch of people retiring and a lopsided labor force, as well as recovering supply chain issues. But this help reduces the demand side of inflation.

I wanted a stimulus check because at the time in January 2021, we were not sure if the vaccines were going to bring back the economy on track. At the time in January 2021, we needed to make sure the economy would not go into freefall because there were 300,000 COVID cases a day, and vaccines only just started to go out. Once the economic data changed, and it was clear that vaccines were going to bring the economy back up and running, I switched to supporting austerity measures.

Not sure why you think this is a gotcha. You need to do different economic policies depending on the context of the time. In 2020-2021, we needed to support and prop up the economy. My opposition to Trump's deficits come from his 2017 tax cut, which was not needed and passed during a time of economic expansion.  
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »

Anyone ever notice this "low expectations" thing really only happens with Republican candidates? The media never gives this much benefit of the doubt to a Democrat. Do you think the media would fall over themselves praising Fetterman, for example, if he showed up to a debate and waived around his fake sheriff's badge?

Joe Biden
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 02:14:35 PM »

If I get another fcking campaign text from Warnock’s campaign I swear to god.

10+ text messages in the past week… please stop fcking texting me to go vote for Warnock. There’s not even any reasons in any of these text messages.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 02:47:56 PM »

10+ text messages in the past week… please stop fcking texting me to go vote for Warnock. There’s not even any reasons in any of these text messages.

Reply stop and opt out? Lol

You are extremely naive if you think that works... are you four years old? I’ve been responding stop and blocking every number and they keep coming. Warnock’s team doesn’t give a rats ass about what you want. My friend and his dad are getting spammed and neither are even eligible to vote.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 03:00:32 PM »

Reply stop and opt out? Lol

You are extremely naive if you think that works... are you four years old? I’ve been responding stop and blocking every number and they keep coming. Warnock’s team doesn’t give a rats ass about what you want. My friend and his dad are getting spammed and neither are even eligible to vote.

Okay sis, keep going after Warnock when every single campaign does this. Be a little less transparent next time Wink

I have actually not gotten a single text from Walker (probably indicative of the fact that he will lose by 4). Regardless, I am not motivated to go out and vote specifically for Walker, and I’m not sure even annoying campaign texts from Warnock is enough to make me vote.

But seriously, why am I getting so many texts from Warnock with 0 reason why I should vote for him? Shouldn’t he be trying to convince people to vote for him, not just saying “go vote for Warnock”? Is it that hard to say “Warnock helped eliminate student loan debt”?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 03:03:42 PM »

Also instead of padding your 10.871 posts per day count with useless spam, wbrocks, why don’t you provide solutions for not receiving political spam texts?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 03:23:13 PM »

I have actually not gotten a single text from Walker (probably indicative of the fact that he will lose by 4). Regardless, I am not motivated to go out and vote specifically for Walker, and I’m not sure even annoying campaign texts from Warnock is enough to make me vote.

But seriously, why am I getting so many texts from Warnock with 0 reason why I should vote for him? Shouldn’t he be trying to convince people to vote for him, not just saying “go vote for Warnock”? Is it that hard to say “Warnock helped eliminate student loan debt”?

It's probably because the runoff strategy is more about maximizing base turnout than in November, so it's more prudent for both campaigns to reach out to voters who they know for sure will vote for them and remind them to vote. Using persuasion is of secondary importance, which I assume is why Warnock didn't highlight specific policies in his texts and why Walker hasn't reached out to you as (I assume?) a Warnock voter.

I voted for Walker. Not motivated to vote for him now that Trump is running.

Primary history is 2018 GOP (Abrams general) 2020 dem 2022 GOP.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 03:38:58 PM »

It's probably because the runoff strategy is more about maximizing base turnout than in November, so it's more prudent for both campaigns to reach out to voters who they know for sure will vote for them and remind them to vote. Using persuasion is of secondary importance, which I assume is why Warnock didn't highlight specific policies in his texts and why Walker hasn't reached out to you as (I assume?) a Warnock voter.

How did Trump running impact your motivation to vote for Walker?

Trump is getting crazier and crazier every day. He wants to suspend the constitution because he didn’t get elected. I think Walker is alright but he is a Trump loyalist hack.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 03:43:38 PM »

How did Trump running impact your motivation to vote for Walker?

Trump is getting crazier and crazier every day. He wants to suspend the constitution because he didn’t get elected. I think Walker is alright but he is a Trump loyalist hack.

And he wasn't a Trump loyalist hack before Trump announced he was running again?  Did you seriously think of Trump as sane before all of this?

I want Republicans in control of the house / Senate so we can at least have a chance of dealing with inflation, but without R’s holding the Senate, there is no point in voting for Walker. Trump contributed a decent amount to our current inflation (Biden more so, but I’m not giving Trump a pass) so I don’t trust him at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies