ME-02: Poliquin in denial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Poliquin in denial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27
Author Topic: ME-02: Poliquin in denial  (Read 66068 times)
GoldenMainer
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

Maine Democrats have a habit of nominating the blandest most centrist candidates who run lifeless campaigns and then just blame third parties as a cover for why they can't get their crap together.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »

Maine Democrats have a habit of nominating the blandest most centrist candidates who run lifeless campaigns and then just blame third parties as a cover for why they can't get their crap together.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »

Yea and they went the other route with Emily Cain who lost twice. A bold progressive is just not going to fly in ME-02.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2018, 07:33:36 PM »

Yea and they went the other route with Emily Cain who lost twice. A bold progressive is just not going to fly in ME-02.

Which is why John McCain won it in a landslide.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »

Since when was Emily Cain a bold progressive?
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2018, 07:34:51 PM »

If Lucas St. Clair is the nominee, then the Maine Democratic Party should officially dissolve in the second district. There is absolutely no point to it existing as an organization if it runs such terrible candidates against one of the weakest members of the entire House of Representatives.

And people wonder why I changed to a maroon avi.

In hindsight it’s too bad Michaud ran for Governor
I mean he would’ve won except Cutler.

That’s probably true.

Please stop pushing this false narrative.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2018, 07:59:11 PM »

I wouldn't classify Emily Cain as a bold progressive. She was an Ivy League educated bleh Bangor liberal who ran your garden variety standard Democratic campaign. I'm not sure what issues she was very bold on.

Being progressive on certain economic issues is appealing in ME-02- campaign finance, labor/unions, healthcare. You don't want to take hugely liberal stances on guns and immigration though. Golden is playing it well. He's heavily focusing on Citizens United, unions, and Medicare for All and he's steering clear of guns, Colin Kaepernick/national anthem, Black Lives Matter- anything that can be used as red meat for social conservatives.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »

Emily Cain is basically a Hillary Clintonite. She’s not a bold progressive at all.

Troy Dale Jackson is a bold progressive. He’s a logger from Allagash and leads the Democrats in the Senate.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2018, 03:31:27 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2018, 05:47:55 PM by maineiac4434🌲🌹 »

Final thoughts on the race:

Golden should win. He deserves it, and he’d be a great candidate.

Whether or not he will win remains to be seen. St. Clair has money and is running “positive” (🤢). Golden has been forced to go negative because of the dark money flowing in for St. Clair. Still, Golden is very lucky to have Labor in his side in this district. It’s lean St. Clair, I think. Interesting to see where the Craig Olson second preferences go, as he’s been running as a bold progressive.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »

Final thoughts:

Tossup. If I had to guess, St Clair barely wins.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2018, 05:38:10 PM »

lmao imagine thinking Emily Cain was a bold anything
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »

Emily Cain is basically a Hillary Clintonite. She’s not a bold progressive at all.

Troy Dale Jackson is a bold progressive. He’s a logger from Allagash and leads the Democrats in the Senate.

Man, I wish Troy Jackson was running...
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2018, 05:46:50 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »

kph14
Germany

« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2018, 06:13:53 PM »

Apparently, it will work like this: on election night the towns will report the first choices the way they always report election results. After that those results will be certified and in about a week all ballots will be brought to Augusta (State Capital) and a final count of the ranked preferences will be done.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »

Apparently, it will work like this: on election night the towns will report the first choices the way they always report election results. After that those results will be certified and in about a week all ballots will be brought to Augusta (State Capital) and a final count of the ranked preferences will be done.

So we’ll have to wait a week to determine the winner of any election where nobody clears 50% on election night?
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »

So we’ll have to wait a week to determine the winner of any election where nobody clears 50% on election night?

Yup
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2018, 07:26:37 PM »

Yup
So everyone wins tomorrow night!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

So what's the word in Maine? Is there any specific candidate they think the ranked choice voting will help/hurt?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:11 AM »

Yea there has to be a better way than this. I hope ME votes down RCV today, just having a simple 50+1% rule and a runoff election is more ideal.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »

Yea there has to be a better way than this. I hope ME votes down RCV today, just having a simple 50+1% rule and a runoff election is more ideal.

You're...

kidding, right?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »

Australia has RCV and it doesn't take this long IIRC, so I think this is just an issue with how ME is choosing to run the election more than anything.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »

Turnout is reportedly light in Lewiston, Jared Golden's hometown.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »

RCV sucks...runoffs are better.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2018, 09:39:18 PM »

Even when turnout is lower? At least RCV captures a wide swath of people's opinions in the moment, as opposed to a runoff, which is basically a whole new campaign for a smaller audience. It's a waste of time and resources IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies