Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:55:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread  (Read 18915 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: February 09, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »

In the two precincts that I know of (I was at a wake so I learned through my friends but still voted through proxy) the result was:
78% Obama
22% Clinton

and the other about 66% Obama and 33% Clinton (rough estimate)

The first was in the city of Olympia while the second was Steamboat Island area to the west (A rural but liberal area).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »

So ive been asleep all day and I only just woke up [yeah I know im hell lazy] can anyone update me briefly on whats been going on so far?

- KS strongly for Huckabee
- WA looking like an Obama landslide
- Limited out of LA, but Obama looks somewhat favored

Ah indeed...nothing out from Nebraska?
Nebraska has seen record turnout to the point that some caucus locations have declared emergencies. Smiley
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »

Hmm, could Washington have a Colorado/Minnesota type blowout?

could be even better, though most likely would be around that area.
Many of my friends are now delegates! I just wish I had been able to attend, apparently my caucus location went from about 85 people in 2004 to aroudn 180 this year.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

Washington with 86.7% in, 67.63% Obama and 31.1% Clinton

argh, where is Thurston county I want to see how my county performed (should be slighlty more for Obama than the rest of the state).
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »

Why is there only one vote in Garfield county? Does it only get one delegate to the county convention or something (and in that case what a roudy convention that would be.)

then again it is 100% Obama so I guess I am fine with that.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:21 PM »

wow this is the EXACT same speech he gave at Key Arena (he even had the Dick Cheney relation joke), maybe he was just testing it on us before he used it for what amounts as his victory speech to be broadcast nationally. Personally I don't mind, it was a good speech and he did localize each of them.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »

so all that is left to count in Louisiana is New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport. All are at 30-50 % margin of victory for Obama. So my guess is that he finishes 22% above Clinton.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 12:20:48 AM »

There projections down the road look very reasonable except I'm not sure they can come quite as close as the 5 pt, losses they are projecting in the big states of Ohio, Texas, and Pennsylvania.  If they DO manage to run that well in those states, Obama could just pull this off.
I think that they underestimate themselves by far in the potomac primaries, I don't see him losing any of them, in fact at this point I would be suprised if he won any by less than 10%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies