Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:19:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday  (Read 7723 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: January 25, 2017, 03:10:47 AM »
« edited: January 25, 2017, 03:12:47 AM by DavidB. »

Excellent idea. Don't be like Europe. Stop Muslim immigration.

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 03:21:36 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 03:24:25 AM by DavidB. »

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!

Since any appropriate response to this would be prohibited by the moderator of this board, I am reporting you for religious and racial hatred. Alas, that is the only option I have.
Haha, oh, I will continue to voice my opinion on this issue -- which is literally something the president of the U.S. has advocated and something many Americans support -- and I will start reporting your posts again then too. So much for your liberal aspirations.

Will e-mail Dave Leip about your abusive comments soon. Wonder how long you remain on as a moderator.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 03:50:59 AM »

In any case, if I were you, I would be more concerned about the report to Him. I am sure, He is taking notice.
Don't think your theology is anywhere close to mine...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 04:30:31 AM »

If one gets their comments deleted merely for voicing one's agreement with an executive order by the President, it is not the U.S. but Atlas that would show totalitarian tendencies, just saying.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »

If one gets their comments deleted merely for voicing one's agreement with an executive order by the President, it is not the U.S. but Atlas that would show totalitarian tendencies, just saying.
Just showing that not only you have no idea about Him, but neither do you have any idea what totalitarianism means.
Goodnight honey!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 05:09:24 AM »

You didn't just express agreement with an executive order.  You know what you said.  Own it.
True, I added that it would be better for the U.S. to avoid becoming like Europe and I voiced my disagreement with the parts of the executive order that cause the selection to take place on the basis of country instead of religion, which was the president's position in the campaign. Makes little difference, though.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 05:14:03 AM »

You didn't just express agreement with an executive order.  You know what you said.  Own it.

He knows it. He also knows what his ancestors would have said about it. But he chooses to follow the tradition of Harold Nathan Braunhut.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/opinion/sunday/how-not-to-be-afraid.html
Goes in the dossier for Leip, thanks cutie!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:18 AM »

Your exact words were "Stop Muslim immigration."  How well do you think it would fly here if someone said "Stop Jewish immigration?"  I doubt you would find that acceptable.
Yes. Stop Muslim immigration. Both in Europe and the U.S. Now. It destroys our countries.

If you said "stop Jewish immigration" I would disagree, but I wouldn't report it.

Over the course of the last week you've proven yourself to be just as violent and shortsighted and despicable as Trump is.  Don't ever try to claim moral high ground over him, or anyone else, for that matter.
If you think I care for your opinion of my views, I'm afraid you're mistaken...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 09:07:15 AM by DavidB. »

In the same post you express a desire to be an Israeli and yet you think being told you aren't a Netherlander is an attack. It was such an outstanding example of doublethink that I had to check the calendar and make certain it wasn't 1984.
I didn't expect a thoroughly antisemitic and disgusting person like you to understand, but how is it not a personal attack for someone else to say the Netherlands is not my country? I think I get to decide on that.

Seeing as you're not actually Jewish, I'd agree.
Haha, what?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:40:31 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 09:44:30 AM by DavidB. »

I'm old school when it comes to citizenship. Pick one. Dual citizenship is fine and dandy for children who haven't had the opportunity to decide, but adults should have figured out where there loyalties lie.  On an issue on which the interests of Israel and the Netherlands diverged, which would you support?  Based on everything you've posted here, you seem like an Israeli residing abroad in the Netherlands, at least in your heart if not your passport.
I'm Dutch and Jewish and I love both the Netherlands and Israel. It's nice to know that some racist in South Carolina thinks I have to choose, but in reality I don't. There is no contradiction between Dutch and Israeli interests. In Israel I'd vote for nationalists that without a doubt would support more nationalism in the Netherlands, in the Netherlands I vote for nationalists that wholeheartedly support Israeli nationalism. The contradiction isn't there. In the Netherlands I'll always remain a Jew. In Israel I'll always remain Dutch.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »

I hope for your sake that the interests of Israel and the Netherlands remain noncontradictory, but history is not on your side there. There are a multitude of examples of countries that had congruent interests that later diverged.  For that matter, history is replete with examples of people who thought they were advancing the interests of two countries while actually serving only one, or even none.

The only constant history shows is change, and he who plans on things staying the way they are will end up being disappointed.
Please stop talking to me, dude. You are an uninteresting person, and well over half your comments directed at me are antisemitic, which is why I have you on ignore.  Since you're a moderator on this board I unfortunately have to see all your posts here, but communicating with you is not a pleasure at all and I try to minimize any contact with you. Thanks.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »

And my new policy is: If everyone on the right dropped dead tomorrow the rest of the world would be better off. I reaaaaaally don't care if I get banned for saying that.
Time for a chill pill?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 06:35:40 AM »

You're embracing the same ideological tendency that left Jews to die in the Holocaust and that will, most assuredly, lead to similar atrocities in the Middle East going forward. Many gay people will die in the Middle East because of this Executive Order, including a language instructor at a university I went to. He applied for asylum this fall and came out to his family in Iraq. Now he's going to go home to die.

This isn't even about "having a heart" per se. You have to acknowledge that there are disturbing consequences when you try to regulate the flow of people in this manner. It's unnatural, it generalizes with a broad-brush etc. No one should cheer something like this. It's something that I can understand tolerating but celebrating an EO like this is disturbing.

How far we have fallen.
The situation of Jews before the Shoah in Europe and that of Muslims in the Middle East right now is uncomparable because Jews' behavior in Europe was different than Muslims' behavior in the West right now (I don't recall a Jewish 9/11). In addition to that, European antisemtism is a problem not caused by Jews whereas the ongoing stream of intra-Ummah violence is a problem endogeneous to the Muslim world; why should the West bear the negative consequences?

Note that since I'm not historically illiterate, I'm not talking about "not integrating" or whatever; that's just fine by me. Ostjuden in Berlin didn't exactly assimilate either. I don't mind Muslims dressing differently, praying differently, thinking differently, or eating differently, and I would be a massive hypocrite if I did. What I mind is too many Muslims expecting non-Muslims to conform to their rules, committing acts of terrorism because of their religion, and blaming everything on the West while living conditions for a Muslim in the West are infinitely better than for a Muslim in the Middle East. Violent crimes by Muslim youth cannot solely be understood through socio-economic disparities or whatever: they are rooted in a culture that fundamentally disrepects non-Muslims and views taking over non-Muslim areas through intimidation and street terror as legitimate. Moreover, many Muslims' tendency to act on their disapproval of Jews and LGBT people and on women's freedom poses a big problem and is perhaps inevitable. It is that type of behavior I loathe, and we've got a big problem on our hands here in Europe.

LGBT people are a group that should absolutely be part of an exception to the rule and if this executive order would not include such an exception, that would be an aspect I most definitely do not support.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »

Excellent news, and so refreshing to see a politician actually keeping his promises.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies