The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:54:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)  (Read 7249 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 22, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
« edited: February 21, 2017, 04:54:17 PM by Left »

This is now a general office for my activities in Atlasia, such as campaigns, governing, etc.

History:
Run For Northern Assembly
Run For Northern Governor
Run For Northern Governor, Second Term

Links for involved citizens:
Mibbit (I'm on #southernchat and #atlasforum almost every evening if you want to ask me something. Or you could PM me.)
Northern Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread (Anyone can introduce legislation here.)

The original starting post:

Hi, I'm running for Northern Assembly in the special elections this weekend. I'm going to share with you a small platform:

• Job Creation: Supporting infrastructure, living wages, and manufacturing.
  • Safety: Supporting the military, police, and veterans.
  • Environment: Protecting our air, water, and land from pollution and reducing fossil fuels.
  • Veteran Care: Combatting homelessness and improving access to healthcare.
  • Education: Improving accessibility and opportunity.

The election is very soon, so be sure to vote! If you have any questions about my position on any issue, just ask, and I will reply. Smiley
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »

Thank you for the endorsements!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »

The election starts today! Be sure to vote for me (as a write-in).
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »

Thanks for voting for me, everyone! Now I need to go to the Northern Assembly and do good on my campaign promises.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »

My platform for election to Northern governorship is whatever I have not accomplished yet from my platform in the Assembly, with a few other things, such as a budget and ATCAT, a bill I plan on releasing once elected.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »

Wells' record in the Assembly

So far, Mike Wells has been in the Assembly for 13 days. In the first week, Mike Wells called the Northern Assembly to act on the important issues, and those repeated calls to action paid off: Wells became Speaker on October 11, his seventh day in the Assembly. He then proceeded to jump start the Assembly into action. The Assembly has passed and gotten two bills signed already under his leadership, and will likely have a third bill, written by Wells himself, signed tonight. In these three bills, Wells has accomplished much of his campaign promises. The Job Creation and Sustainability Act, which he wrote, will support workers, infrastructure, and manufacturing, while at the same time reduce emissions and fossil fuels by increasing renewable energy sources once passed and signed.

In thirteen days, 37 less than a full term, Wells has already accomplished much of what he set out to do in the Assembly. He will continue this tireless hard work and effort if he is elected governor, making sure to serve the North and its citizens. And if you are an eligible voter in the North, then you can help Wells by voting him into office on October 21.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

That's beautiful. Now, I would like to take this moment to thank everyone who has endorsed me so far. Your support for this campaign is greatly appreciated.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 04:41:12 PM »

Fellow Northerners and Atlasians,

The election is rapidly approaching, and I am here to pitch my case. Obviously, I want you to vote for me, as do all the other people in this thread. As you can tell by their posts, my record from just a short time in the Assembly is impressive, but right now I want to focus on what I plan on doing as Governor. The platform I ran on to get in the Assembly is posted at the top of this thread, and while I have accomplished much of it, I plan on finishing what I started from a different office. We need to do more to ensure safety in the North. Our military and police officers must be supported. And our veterans must be cared for. I am also prepared to propose a completed budget as governor. And there are a few changes I would like to enact as Governor to welfare and education. My opponent also has some good ideas, but I'm not entirely sure he knows what's going on.

I wouldn't characterize our economy as stable when the unemployment numbers in the North are currently 6.4%, up from 4.3% two weeks prior, mainly due to the government inactivity that I helped reverse since the last jobs report. But maybe RGN just doesn't see it from his office. Basically, vote for Mike: he has a clue. (#ILikeMike)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 03:31:34 PM »

The Election is right now, and I would appreciate it if Northern Voters would vote not just for me, but also for other Labor candidates up and down the ballot, such as Blair, LLR, darth, and our House candidates.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »

Victory speech:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »

I've decided to appoint him because he's the best person who actually wants the job. This is also an endorsement: Northern voters, please support him this weekend.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »

A Statement

This is a statement on what the Northern Assembly has been doing and where I hope it can go in the future. As many can attest, I've sent out lots of PMs lately (if you are from the North, I would advise you check your inbox to see if you missed anything). There are two main ideas of these PMs from the past 2 days: either please run for the Northern Assembly or please be more active in it. But though I complain about how inactive it is, it has gotten a few things done. We legalized marijuana, detailed what to do in instances of police brutality, guaranteed paid parental leave, and we've introduced and are debating a budget as well as a bill attempting to enrich the lives of Northern children. While I wish we had done more (four members didn't propose a single bill and there was no bill upon which all five members voted), I guess we did okay. Bt we can do better. I certainly hope the next Assembly can do better.

And as I have been saying lately: run for the Northern Assembly. It will be fun.

Now I'm going to move on and make a statement about a peculiar case unfolding before our eyes. LLR's campaign for the Northern Assembly is technically illegal, but Atlasia is a game. The point is to have fun and debate bills with stuff with Harambe statues erected in Cincinnati, not exclude people from participating. If LLR want to participate (he does) and end the plague of not enough activity (he does) then he should be allowed to run. He's been a noncitizen for a while now anyways, these bans should be shortened.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »

Some official endorsements

Northern Senator: Ascott has done a good job, this one should be a no-brainer.

Northern Assembly: We've got a good group on the ballot here. However, there are four, and only three can make it in. So, the three I would choose are evergreen, Maxwell, and R2D2.

House: The Labor candidates get preferenced first. Then comes Indies and Federalists (minus Santander). We'll be able to make good progress if we win.

Fremont Senator: I've already made my endorsements clear here, but this should be another no brainer for LLR: he's got experience, vision, and he is the most approachable of all the candidates in the race.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »

I'm bringing this back for a reason. And that reason is:

I'll be running for re-election to the Northern Governorship.

I'll continue to do campaign stuff in here. I'll have a bigger, better announcement speech in a few days as well. Stay tuned for more.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »

It's time for the big speech I promised you:

My fellow Northerners, and Atlasians, I am pleased to announce to you that I am running for another term to be your governor. Four months ago, I campaigned on issues that were so important to the working people's of the North, and since then we've accomplished so much. But we can, and we MUST go further.

After our landslide election in October, I immediately got right to work on a number of pieces of legislation. I pulled our assembly out of the depths of inactivity and, over the course of my term, have accomplished much with the consistent help of the Assembly, specifically Speaker R2D2. Here in the North, a mother now has one month of paid maternity leave. Here in the North, the minimum wage in the cities is now $15. Here in the North, police officers must wear body cameras. And now, for the first time in our nation, Northern children born to working class families or children in poverty now have free health insurance.

None of this was true six months ago. Now, all of this is true, and it could not have been done if I had not worked day and night to pass these accomplishments for millions of hard-working Northerners. However, we also need to look to the future. We have accomplished so much in the North, but we can and must still do more. As Governor, I have major plans for my second term and I’m sure our slate of Assembly candidates, which I hope grows considerably by Election Day, will continue to work, as I have, for the betterment of the people of the North.

My biggest plan for the North is to care for the veterans that have provided a great service to Atlasia. I find it a terrible disgrace that many of them receive inadequate medical treatment or are homeless. I am working on a bill to rehabilitate our veterans, providing them with the health care that they need and deserve, and to combat the scourge of homelessness that affects them and so many other groups. I will do this through both improving efficiency in government programs that may already be in place and providing support for private nonprofits.

My other largest reform for the North is guaranteeing universal health care coverage for every citizen in this great region. Nobody should have to go without healthcare simply because they cannot afford it. But while I vouch for protecting our veterans and universal health care, while my opponent says, and I quote: “I intend to put into place policies that allow discrimination by private businesses as much as is legal.”

And now I would like to take a moment to address my opponent’s claims about my administration. He has claimed that my governorship is inactive, but that is obviously not true as you can tell from what I’ve already mentioned. He disputes my record on the economy by citing high unemployment, but through my work the meteoric rise in unemployment has been completely stopped. I would also like to take this time to thank Lieutenant Governor R2D2 and former President Blair for defending my record, along with Representative Peebs, Fremont Legislative Speaker 1184AZ, Fremont Governor Truman, R2D2, House Speaker Never Again, and Southern Governor dfwlibertylover for their endorsements.

We have accomplished so much, and we can accomplish so much more. I would be honored to receive your support of these measures in the voting booth next month.

- Your Governor, MikeWells
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »

I have recently leaned that the protests against former President Blair's decision to lift sanctions against Cuba have spread into this region. I will always be a strong supporter of the right to protest, even if I happen to disagree with the protesters. Furthermore, I encourage the police departments of Boston, Chicago, and New York City to try and refrain from violence and to only use it when necessary. I also encourage the protesters in those towns to refrain from violence in all circumstances.

- Your Governor, MikeWells
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »

Kingpoleon can say what he wants. For the record, I have neither confirmed nor denied nor mentioned anything about my sexuality on Atlas. And I will continue to do that.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »

I have a major announcement coming sometime this weekend.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »

I am bumping this thread to remind everybody that the election is tomorrow! The voting booth will be open starting midnight tonight and continuing until midnight on Sunday night. When voting please be sure to also cast your vote not just for me, but for my endorsed candidates. For the Assembly, I believe that CXSmith, Lok1999, and Drew Mike are all qualified candidates to lead the North in the right direction for the future. I would also encourage every Northerner to vote Yes on all the Constitutional Amendments. As for the regional name, I am partial to "Franklin" myself.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 05:09:37 PM »

The elections begin today! I would like to thank everyone who has already voted for me and everyone who will. I would also like to thank those who endorsed me for their kind words, wich you can find in this very thread.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2017, 07:39:46 PM by Left »

The voters have spoken and they have decided to give me another four months as the Governor of this great region of Lincoln. I would like to thank all who voted for me, endorsed me, campaigned for me, or contributed to my campaign or first term as Governor in any way. And I cannot forget Kingpoleon, who ran a positive campaign and brought some good ideas to the table. You are all wonderful people. I would also like to congratulate the winners of the elections this past weekend, especially R2D2 on his big Senate race victory and dfwlibertylover on his hard-fought win in the presidential race. I also look forward to working with this new batch of Assemblymen in our region. I have big plans that I wish to accomplish over the next few months.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »

Apologies for not doing stuff, I'll introduce a bill supporting veterans soon and my UHC bill sometime this term. One thing I can do today:

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »

Three things:

Governor Wells, these two bills have passed.

x Mike Wells

x Mike Wells

and

x Mike Wells
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »

Governor, a bill has passed the Assembly.

x Mike Wells

Yay now the gays are 100% equal.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies