MD-SEN 2022: Hogan not running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:30:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2022: Hogan not running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2022: Hogan not running  (Read 3081 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: December 02, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »

As with Bullock and others, as popular as Hogan is, nationalization ultimately rules in Senate races. Voters would be much colder to the idea of him as an additional vote for Senate Republicans than as a check on a legislature that's been consistently controlled by Democrats for a century. I doubt his endorsements of Republican Senate candidates as of late have helped him among those paying attention, and even in a GOP-friendly midterm Van Hollen's team wouldn't have a hard time tying some of his more partisan stances (which aren't hard to find, contrary to his reputation) to highly unpopular national GOP figures. I'm pretty sure he won't run and is instead saving everything for 2024 (when he'll inevitably burn out incredibly quickly), but like Bullock he would only marginally outperform a generic candidate under the circumstances.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 11:38:54 AM »

This clown deserves all the humiliation he can get after running this state into the ground on the back of suburban racism for the past six years.

If he actually runs and does better than Steele in '06, then I'll switch my voter registration to Republican.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 06:26:29 PM »

This clown deserves all the humiliation he can get after running this state into the ground on the back of suburban racism for the past six years.

If he actually runs and does better than Steele in '06, then I'll switch my voter registration to Republican.

It's not really suburban racism, it is called common sense.

A lot of voters don't like the way Baltimore is being run, they feel it is dragging the state down. Hogan ran to fix those things. When cities do well, the states do well...

There's a difference between acknowledging the deep systemic rot in the city's governance and wanting to deprive it of state assistance for no clear reason other than cultural grievances. If the Red Line wasn't cancelled and replaced with highway expansions in heavily white areas over racial animus, then what, pray tell, was the reason?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies