Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 567102 times)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »
« edited: October 12, 2021, 09:50:03 PM by YOU JUST POSTED MALARKEY! »

Alright there's been much speculation over my "political views", and sometimes whether I even have them...

I've been called by different people here "moderate", "liberal", "progressive", "far-right", and very strangely "communist". I'd like to make some things clear with this post.

However I'm far too lazy to try to clear up this stuff in-depth, so I'm just gonna take a political test online and have that do the talking for me.

So I'll be taking the Sapplyvalues political test, copy and paste the questions and my answers with no elaboration because as I said earlier I'm too lazy for that (except a few that I think are susceptible to needing elaboration). You could ask though and I could try to explain. The way this works is that they give you a statement and you tell them how you feel. It's 46 questions only so I'm OK with doing it quickly. I'm also taking the test in order so I've divided it into some rudimentary divisions.

Alright so let's begin eh:

ECONOMIC STUFF

• Freedom of business is the best practical way a society can prosper. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Charity is a better way of helping those in need than social welfare. DISAGREE
  • Wages are always fair, as employers know best what a worker's labour is worth. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • It is "human nature" to be greedy. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Exploitation" is an outdated term, as the struggles of 1800s capitalism doesn't exist anymore. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • Communism is an ideal that can never work in practice. STRONGLY AGREE
  • Taxation of the wealthy is a bad idea, society would be better off without it. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • The harder you work, the more you progress up the social ladder. AGREE
  • Organisations and corporations cannot be trusted and need regulating by the government. AGREE
  • A government that provides for everyone is an inherently good idea. AGREE
  • The current welfare system should be expanded to further combat inequality. AGREE
  • Land should not be a commodity to be bought and sold. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • All industry and the bank should be nationalized. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • Class is the primary division of society. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Economic inequality is too high in the world. STRONGLY AGREE

IS THIS CIVIL RIGHTS?*

• Sometimes it is right that the government may spy on its citizens to combat extremists and terrorists. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Authority figures, if morally correct, are a good thing for society. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Strength is necessary for any government to succeed NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Only the government can fairly and effectively regulate organisations.  NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Society requires structure and bureaucracy in order to function. AGREE
  • Mandatory IDs should be used to ensure public safety. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • In times of crisis, safety becomes more important than civil liberties. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • The government should be less involved in the day to day life of its citizens.  STRONGLY AGREE
  • Without democracy, a society is nothing NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Jury nullification should be legal. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • The smaller the government, the freer the people DISAGREE
  • The government should, at most, provide emergency services and law enforcement. DISAGREE
  • The police were not made to protect the people, but to uphold the status quo by force. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • State schools are a bad idea because our state shouldn't be influencing our children. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Two consenting individuals should be able to do whatever they want with each other, even if it makes me uncomfortable. AGREE**
  • An individual's body is their own property, and they should be able to do anything they desire to it. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • A person should be able to worship whomever or whatever they want. STRONGLY AGREE

"SOCIAL" AND "CULTURAL" ISSUES

• Nudism is perfectly natural. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • Animals deserve certain universal rights. AGREE
  • Gender is a social construct, not a natural state of affairs. STRONGLY DISAGREE
  • Laws based on cultural values, rather than ethical ones, aren't justice. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Autonomy of body extends even to minors, the mentally ill, and serious criminals  DISAGREE
  • Homosexuality is against my values. NEUTRAL/UNSURE***
  • Transgender individuals should not be able to adopt children. STRONGLY AGREE
  • Drugs are harmful and should be banned. STRONGLY AGREE
  • The death penalty should exist for certain crimes. STRONGLY AGREE
  • Victimless crimes should still be punished. STRONGLY AGREE
  • One cannot be moral without religion. STRONGLY AGREE
  • Parents should hold absolute power over their children, as they are older and more experienced. NEUTRAL/UNSURE
  • Multiculturalism is bad. STRONGLY DISAGREE

* Basically everything in this field can be summed up by me being against the phrase "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear!" This has been proven wrong time and time again! It makes me iffy on taking a hard stance in favor of many of these things, which while they might be in the best interests of the people, could be a slippery slope (and not the fallacy but the actual thing).
** Because "It makes me uncomfortable personally" and "I consider it morally wrong" are different.
*** I'll be willing to grant them this much that the homosexual nature is neutral as long as it doesn't escalate but I do not at all condone sodomy or them being able to marry (personally I don't condone this but this doesn't mean I'm aiming for the government to step in)

So this is my end result:

Image Link

Finally, certain answers I've chosen would change somewhat based on the location. This is all done assuming it's the United States government.

I might be a little bit more authoritarian in certain other countries, both real and hypothetical...
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 03:18:15 PM »

Motorcity in particular made this post which is pretty dead-on for me as well (put in my own edits to show differences):

Hey everyone

So a little about me. I am a second generation Muslim-American. Born and raised in Tennessee Florida.

I am economically liberal. I support free college and Medicare for All. I support UBI and think programs like foodstamps and disability should be expanded. I also think the government should do much more for climate (!!! Especially Climate!), science, infrastructure, small businesses, small farms, pay teachers more, and tax the rich. Also support unions and cut unfair trade deals. I would even go farther and say we should ban some automation like self driving trucks.

But I am a social conservative. Both because of my Islamic faith and southern heritage. I am Pro-Life. I think transgender people should use the bathroom of their biological sex and the same for sports. I am also against gay marriage but accept its a done deal. I don't care for gun reform support background checks and the most basic gun restrictions but nothing more radical than that. I don't like weed and don't think people should smoke it, but I'm okay with it being legal and don't think people should be in jail for it. I also think wearing a mask should be a choice but I do think they protect people.

Globally, I think the US should stand for human rights and intervene militarily to stop genocide. I support a two state solution for Palestine and oppose the genocdies in China, Burma, and China. I think the US should be the world's policeman and stand up to Russia and China, but military spending should go to social programs.

Is there a place for me in the Democratic Party? I consider myself a loyal supporter of the Democrats. I voted for Bernie Sanders in both 2016 and 2020, but still voted for Hillary and Biden in the general.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies