Christians, do you believe in the Trinity? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Christians, do you believe in the Trinity? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Christians, do you believe in the Trinity?  (Read 2018 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 21, 2018, 01:20:56 AM »

I'm agnostic on the issue. Keep in mind that classical Christian Unitarians don't deny the existence of Christ and the Holy Spirit, but don't necessarily see all three as being equally eternal aspects of one God.  I don't see any significant theological implications in whether God was always three-in-one.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »

I'm agnostic on the issue. Keep in mind that classical Christian Unitarians don't deny the existence of Christ and the Holy Spirit, but don't necessarily see all three as being equally eternal aspects of one God.  I don't see any significant theological implications in whether God was always three-in-one.

The problem is if the Trinity isn't correct, then worshipping Jesus and the Holy Spirit would basically be idolatry.

Classical Unitarianism didn't deny they were part of God, just that they weren't always so. That said, I'm a UU because I'm a Universalist, not a Unitarian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies