Rate the Presidents, Installment #44: Barack Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rate the Presidents, Installment #44: Barack Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you rate Barack Obama as a President?
✯✯✯✯✯

✯✯✯✯

✯✯✯

✯✯

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Rate the Presidents, Installment #44: Barack Obama  (Read 3394 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 20, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
« edited: July 20, 2015, 02:10:35 PM by Crabby And His Moron Brothers »

Mediocire, often waffles and backtracks, has some strange political habits

But, of course, this is in the context of American Presidents and it is extremely clear that Obama is a vast improvement on the vast majority of them and a redeemer of the confused and lousy Democratic Party. Almost certainly the finest, most accomplished PoTUS since, gosh, FDR?

Five stars (and if he scores lower than some idiot like Taft or Polk, well this forum is stupid)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »

Five stars (and if he scores lower than some idiot like Taft or Polk, well this forum is stupid)

Ask yourself this. Was the United States' position in the world stronger or weaker after a Polk Presidency than before it? And was the US's position stronger or weaker now or before Obama was president (protip: it's weaker). I would have been a Whig if I were born in that time/place, but Polk was anything but an idiot.

Well, with Polk the lives of many thousands of Mexicans wiped out and the nation was brought ever closer to Civil War, so I would say weaker.

And Obama? When he cam to power, the U.S. was considered a reckless, arrogant and wasteful empire; with shot alliances with traditional friends and enemies coming out of the wazoo. It's hard to be at a worse point than that.

Complaining about western foreign policy is rather odd. By and large, the spooks do what they want regardless of who is in charge; and they have done so since the Truman administration. Obama has been relatively hard on the intelligence agencies, and the ones he has been soft on are ones I don't care about anyway (PRISM and the NSA is such a yawnworthy scandal, IMO). I would love for a President to come out and say "the gulf states are a bunch of useless craps that murder their own civilians", but I think it's bad form to rate badly for what a President didn't do (for the most part anyway). Otherwise every PResident before Lincoln would be one star for not abolishing slavery etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies