VA Early Voting #s (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:53:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA Early Voting #s (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA Early Voting #s  (Read 18342 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: October 08, 2021, 06:19:05 PM »

I am standing with my 7-9% win prediction for McAuliffe, this is not going to be close. The MAGAs sit out the off year non Trump elections while college educated whites vote more consistently.

Hopefully. That's going to the news that Democrats need in order to have any sort of prayer for overcoming historical patterns in 2022. California indicated that may be the case, but it was also a very special circumstance in one of the country's most Democratic states.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »

In California recall election democrats had big name people like Biden, Harris, Sanders, Warren, Obama, AOC all campaigning for Newsom. Why isn’t that going on in Virginia?

Obama never did? (besides an ad, which might be coming for McAuliffe I assume), but most of that action didn't really happen until the closing weeks of the campaign.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the party's big stars will wait to make their presence in the race known until a week or two before election day where it might mean more.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:15:30 PM »

Looking at the early voting numbers, either the polls are headed for a huge miss, or election day turnout, especially in much of rural VA is going to be massive.

My fingers are crossed for a polling error. It's all we have now, unless that televised Trump rally on Monday can actually change things to McAuliffe's favor in addition.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 07:42:39 PM »

Looking at the early voting numbers, either the polls are headed for a huge miss, or election day turnout, especially in much of rural VA is going to be massive.

We all know it's the former.  The new FoxNews poll showing Youngkin up 8 is complete trash.  It's funny how the GOP trashed polls all of 2020 and now suddenly we need to take them at face value.  

Yeah, but the suggestion is still that if a Republican is up-they're up and if a Democrat has a small, tenuous lead, they may still be overestimated.

If you are correct though, Non Swing Voter, as I am absolutely pleading with any omnipotent force who is listening that you are, then it will be somewhat empowering going into 2022 that polls might be underestimating us this time. It will be some much needed hope in some seriously dark times. I really want you to be vindicated. I want nothing more in the world right now...that sounds so pathetic, but f*** it! It's true!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies