Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:49:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 95358 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

Religion is a remnant of our more primitive past, just like eating and sex. It's really time we get beyond that sort of thing.

I know. I can't pass a flock of pigeons without them praying. And my cat keeps making offerings to it's saviour.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »

Atlas has become 99% unreadable in the recent months due to a large influx of bigots, and calling it a liberal echochamber is hilarious. We have a guy still prancing around after having a Hitler quote in his sig, and several posters who consistently appear to make the most disgusting transphobic and homophobic comments in every thread vaguely related to these issues. If anyone made these types of comments but with racism, they'd be rightfully banned, but by tolerating them this site is quickly becoming toxic fo LGBT+ people and honestly anyone who is a halfway decent person. Sad!

That's not a take. It's a statement of fact.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »

Atlas has become 99% unreadable in the recent months due to a large influx of bigots, and calling it a liberal echochamber is hilarious. We have a guy still prancing around after having a Hitler quote in his sig, and several posters who consistently appear to make the most disgusting transphobic and homophobic comments in every thread vaguely related to these issues. If anyone made these types of comments but with racism, they'd be rightfully banned, but by tolerating them this site is quickly becoming toxic fo LGBT+ people and honestly anyone who is a halfway decent person. Sad!

That's not a take. It's a statement of fact.
It’s neither. Both of you are angry drama queens, nothing more. One brouhaha about a Stormer and religious/philosophical differences with Fuzzy (who you guys treat absolutely horribly because you’ve basically built an entire narrative about him that you know is untrue, but whatever) does not a Nazi filled forum make. I mean, if you guys are that threatened by us, why don’t you leave?

I mean seriously if Andrew is this bothered by Atlas forum, than I also highly recommend he skip his trip to Florida, because I’m genuinely concerned he’ll have a panic attack the minute he sees a MAGA sticker on a passing car on the Turnpike.

If we’re going to ban anyone, how about we get rid of Partotguy, who regularly defends the Apartheid policies of his country on this forum.

Actually last time it was a good car game; 10 points extra if the driver had a 'Blue Lives Matter' sticker, or wore black out shades. 20 points extra if they wore socks with shorts and had one of those weird skull decals.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »

Jordan Peterson is almost incredibly misunderstood (and more likely intentionally misrepresented), and he very clearly is not a member of the Alt Right.  He’s a kind, thoughtful world class thinker who’s passionate about a variety of issues that have nothing to do with politics, and he’s awesome.

He's very passionate about talking to Viktor Orban who is known for anti-semetic tropes, Soros conspiracy theories and censoring gender studies in Hungarian universities and shutting down the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. They both agreed that political correctness was the real threat and in an interview with Magyar Nemzet, Peterson said society lacked a religious foundation and said that Orban was attempting to provide that.

So yeah, he's awesome...

And Mr 'Everything is Cultural Marxism' hadn't read any Marx. I've read Marx, and I only have a BA.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »

I won't clog up this thread too much responding to everything, but I am in no way "set in stone" on my opinion of him, and I will certainly do more research; I didn't even know who he was a few weeks ago. However, from actual things I have heard him say so far, I have not gotten the impression he is intolerant or doing anything other than voicing his opinion that a desire for political correctness should never trump free speech ... and I largely agree with that, as do most mainstream liberals to my knowledge.  If my further research leads me to the conclusion of some of the posters here, I will obviously change my opinion.

I'd recommend you read/watch critiques of him. As Nathan pointed out, Natalie Wynne/Contrapoints is pretty good.

You'll get wonderful lolz from him dreaming about his grandmothers pubic hair, claiming not to sleep for 25 days straight, his all meat diet, claims that ancient shamans knew what DNA looked like, climate change denial, claiming you can't stop smoking without supernatural intervention and many many more.

Seriously. He's actually hilarious.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 04:12:26 PM »

I have twin neices. I make a point to call them by their names in conversation rather than 'the girls'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies