SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:44:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote)  (Read 1931 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:01 PM »

The last time I recall it being discussed by Tack, the major hold up for the budget was legislative scoring, would it be possible to prioritize these bills to expedite the process since we are now on our second continuing resolution?

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »

For the record, in terms of the federal budget, there is only 1 bill left to score (admittedly a tough one, having to do with a relatively big social security overhaul)

Other than that, all bills are scored or can be "safely ignored" and then we'd just need to package everything up and introduce a budget in Congress, debating how to pay for everything. (tax increases, as long as we stick with not chaning brackets but just rates, should be a simple lineal extrapolation even if that is technically wrong).

Didn't some of your scores need to be "approve"/"verified" by GM team?  I recall you saying this at some point.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 03:14:41 AM »

Ted and Thumb are correct in this case and while I do sympathize with the Wulfric experience concern we have a long history of struggling to fill these important positions. Crane seems qualified based on RL experience and beyond that maybe it is something of a gamble activity wise but it is not like we lose anything here by taking a chance if the alternative is no literally no one taking the position.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »

Yeah, this is arguably the worst job in Atlasia; only Registrar General is comparable (but Peebs has done a great job at it)

Tbh a trend I've noticed (and which predates me joining Atlasia) is the cabinet being more and more useless over time so ironically this may be the strongest cabinet position. Certainly more so than AG or SoS

Cabinet responsibilities are less tangible and thus easy to be overlooked without the game itself being dependent on them, though obviously various aspects of the government side of things are dependent on them, which is what makes it a problem.  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »

So vote time?

I motion for a final vote just in case we can. Senators have 24 hours to object.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:54:24 PM »

Ted? You want me to start this?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »

Aye

This job may not be in Baltimore jack, but I still would ask please don't take a wrong turn and keep going. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies