SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:22:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE CONFIRMATION: CraneHusband for Comptroller General (Final Vote)  (Read 1928 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: November 30, 2020, 04:26:41 AM »

For the record, in terms of the federal budget, there is only 1 bill left to score (admittedly a tough one, having to do with a relatively big social security overhaul)

Other than that, all bills are scored or can be "safely ignored" and then we'd just need to package everything up and introduce a budget in Congress, debating how to pay for everything. (tax increases, as long as we stick with not chaning brackets but just rates, should be a simple lineal extrapolation even if that is technically wrong).

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »

If I am not mistaken this would be your first position in Atlasia; indeed among your first posts.

Could you give me a brief recap of your experience in Atlasia so far?

Nothing wrong with a newbie getting this as their first job by the way (there is even a precedent of sorts with Thumb or Encke), just curious.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 06:45:16 AM »

For the record, in terms of the federal budget, there is only 1 bill left to score (admittedly a tough one, having to do with a relatively big social security overhaul)

Other than that, all bills are scored or can be "safely ignored" and then we'd just need to package everything up and introduce a budget in Congress, debating how to pay for everything. (tax increases, as long as we stick with not chaning brackets but just rates, should be a simple lineal extrapolation even if that is technically wrong).

Didn't some of your scores need to be "approve"/"verified" by GM team?  I recall you saying this at some point.

They ideally should be approved or verified by the GM team, but at this point I think the best course of action is to just act unilaterally. The numbers are mostly reasonable anyways.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:14:49 AM »

Yeah, this is arguably the worst job in Atlasia; only Registrar General is comparable (but Peebs has done a great job at it)

Tbh a trend I've noticed (and which predates me joining Atlasia) is the cabinet being more and more useless over time so ironically this may be the strongest cabinet position. Certainly more so than AG or SoS
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 04:17:30 AM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies