Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:15:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 209435 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: September 03, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

Welcome to Season X of everyone's favorite show - The Update.

This season will build off the CADD of last season and will start looking forward to Christmas 2013.  This season will, of course, end long before Christmas, but the seasons between now and then will have the same theme.

As I closed out Season IX, I said I was going to open up the new season talking about the relation between CADD and Kenya.  I am getting this CADD certificate this coming April/May and while I am paying off my debt and raising money to go down there, I will be working with CADD in the United States until time to leave.  I hope to be able to use CADD in Kisumu, Kenya.  I know God is calling me to Kenya.  I feel it with every ounce of my being.  I haven't looked for CADD jobs in Kisumu, mainly because I don't want to start missing it so much that I make a foolish decision and hop on the next flight out, if you know what I mean.  I want to move down there in the proper manner and in the proper time whatever and whenever that is.  I just hope to be able to use CADD while I'm down there to support myself.  We'll see on that.  The main thing I have to have right now is patience.

That's the opening teaser of Season X, so have fun, folks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 05:39:14 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 05:43:29 AM by Christmas Bushie »

Well, let's start the thread off right... what is your starting weight for this Season (or rather, what was it this morning)?  And how is Blondie?  When did you last walk her?

I'll let you know in a few moments once I weigh.

She was last walked yesterday by my parents going to training and back.  I was at a post-Kenya Missions Meeting in Edmond.  JJ is getting spayed today, so she probably won't feel like walking much, but with my parents at the lake this weekend, I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow evening before the game starts and again Friday night.  She should be a lot calmer when I walk her.  If she doesn't want to walk, I will at least be able to walk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »

It will likely be one of the following:

1. Small hamburger(s)
2. grilled pizza
3. enchilada casserole
4. Subway
5. Ham sandwich(s)
6. Braum's
7. McDonalds
8. South of the Border
9. Hamburgers
10. cinnamon toast

You struck out.  Fish sticks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:03:05 AM »

Starting weight for Season X as of Wednesday, September 4, 2013 - 06:00 am CDT - 259.8.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »

Do you like to put fish sticks in your mouth?

They weren't the best, but when you're a little short on time, you'll take whatever is closest and most convenient.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »

They weren't the best, but when you're a little short on time, you'll take whatever is closest and most convenient.

It seems like you're "short on time" practically every night, even when you're watching ~4 hours of TV.

Last night, I was gone from 17:15-21:15, so not a whole lot of time at home.  Tonight, I'm having dinner at church - spaghetti.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »

How many fast food runs will there be since Mom and Dad won't be cooking for you this weekend?

Good question.  With his parents gone, this weekend would be the perfect time for him to try cooking something on his own.  But I'm guessing that watching football on TV all day will take a higher priority.

I'll probably have breakfast at home, lunch at home, pizza one night, and maybe a hamburger one night.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »

It is lunch time and I took LAP 4 test first thing and scored a 100 on the first try. I'm now about 40% through LAP 5.  I should be ready to take LAP 5 test before I leave tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »

I can't go out every meal as the tab runs up real quick that way.  I'll have from supper Friday through lunch Sunday by myself.  That is probably twice out.  Subway may be one of the meals which would be better than Mickey's.  We'll just have to see how it goes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

Duke, I'm a straight pepperoni guy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

Will Bushie eat over or under 4,000 calories today?

I've had 950 today and should end up in the 1,600 range, so way under 4,000.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »

You sit around and watch TV for hours at a time.  Hobos have a more rigorous daily schedule than you do...  That excuse is so frakking lame, dude... no wonder you're morbidly obese... you can't even put enough effort into making up good excuses, let alone cooking or getting off your fat butt and exercising.

I've already told you what I did last night and what I'm doing tonight, and those are not lazy excuses, they are facts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not worried. You'd actually need to find a job, first.

I'm not worried about that.  The school will 1) either place me somewhere or 2) give me every single tool necessary to land a good job quickly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »

Probably not good for his stomach, sadly.

I don't eat a lot of spicy food, mainly because I don't really care for the heat that comes from the spice.  I don't eat completely bland food, but I don't eat things that are super spicy, either.  This weekend, I probably won't do a whole lot of spice because by Friday, I will just be 5 days removed from 10-day nausea spell and don't want to cause a relapse to jeopardize Monday.

I'm going to enjoy myself this weekend, but I'm also not going to purposefully be stupid, either.  I want and need to put in a 5 day week next week, so I need to do everything I can to ensure that happens.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »

Will you cut the grass for you dad while he's gone, or clean up the house for your mom while she's gone?

The grass doesn't need to be cut as we haven't had rain in nearly 3 weeks, but I will probably straighten up the house a little bit for mom.  I do plan to get out there and walk JJ.  She got spayed today, so she'll still be sore tomorrow and may not feel like walking, most likely, but she should feel like walking by Friday and Saturday.  I just have to keep her from jumping and hurting herself for a few days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »

I'm in a very nice position right now.  Yesterday was my Monday and tomorrow is my Friday!  So, since this is my Thursday evening, I am staying up a half hour late as is my custom for normal Thursday evenings.  I'm not going to bed until 22:30.

JJ got spayed today and she made it through the surgery just fine.  Since Mom and Dad will be gone this weekend, I have to take care of her.  I was going to take her for a walk Friday and Saturday, but the vet said she cannot run or jump for 10 days, has to stay on the porch or inside for 10 days, and has to wear a cone around her neck for 10 days to prevent her from licking her wounds.  She is sacked out on the porch right now, so she can have peace and not be disturbed by the cat.  There will be times I bring her in this weekend.

Not only do I have to take care of her, but I have to take care of Grandma this weekend, as well.  She is 87 years old and will be 88 in April, and has not been feeling well at all the past month.  Her shoulder has been bothering her on top of other things, so she went to the doctor who confirmed she has shingles.  So, if you could send some prayers/good thoughts her way, we would appreciate it.  So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.

1) How much TV do you plan to watch this weekend?
2) Have you considered cutting back on the TV watching at all?

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.
2) The obvious answer, as you can see, is no.  I do not feel bad about it, either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »

Ahh, cool, thanks for the info.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »

So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.

1) How much TV do you plan to watch this weekend?
2) Have you considered cutting back on the TV watching at all?

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.
2) The obvious answer, as you can see, is no.  I do not feel bad about it, either.
When you watch TV, is it on in the background, or do you focus all your attention on it?

It's usually on in the background, but there are times, especially the early games on Saturday, that I'll focus on every down and every play that I can.  As it gets later in the evening and I start getting tired it is on mostly in the background.  For instance, this weekend I plan to bring my school work home and try to get just a bit ahead, so the TV will be on in the background.  Sunday's amount of TV time could be reduced if I decide to go to church.  If I do, which I probably will, it will be reduced to an hour of the news before church and 4-5 hours of football in between services and then SNF, so maybe 9-10 hours total.

When I watch football, especially college, I don't watch the games everybody else watches.  This past weekend, most people were watching Georgia vs. Clemson or maybe LSU vs. TCU.  You know what I was watching?  Washington State vs. Auburn followed by Northwestern vs. California.  I do that so I can watch more football.  I try to carefully choose my games so I can have a quadruple header back to back to back to back at 11:00, 14:30, 18:00, and 21:30.  Central Time, of course.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 05:49:45 AM »

How does somebody watch 15 hours worth of TV in a single day? Scary. Please cease using your bogus "I was in a pinch/I was in a rush" excuses from now on. Thanks.

I use that because there are nights that I have things to do that cut down the TV time to an hour or 90 minutes which was the case the past two nights.  Believe it or not, I am a busy man.  My Saturdays are generally clear, but the rest of the week, I am quite busy at times.  Other times, I am free and clear.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »

Do you play fantasy football, Bushie? Have you considered joining the Atlas league? We need all the players we can get, and you surely follow the sport more so than others.

I do play.  I've already got two leagues, but since you invited me, I will join this evening.  It may be 16:30 my time before I can join, but I will join tonight.

LAP 5 is almost finished.  I'm finishing up the third drawing and should be ready to take the test before the end of the day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »

BUSHIE, GET A TREADMILL. And make lunch/dinner during the commercials.

I was going to say that, but a treadmill in a trailer probably would be a bit cramped.  Hence my suggestion to simply walk in place.

I will probably walk in place this weekend.  I need to, because I went way overboard with my calories today.  Today was not a good day in the calorie department.  I will undoubtedly gain a bit in the morning unless I can have some REALLY productive dumps which I don't foresee happening.  I've got to get back on track tomorrow...  I probably had two days worth of calories just today. Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

I did have plural grilled hamburgers - 3 in total plus grilled corn on the cob.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

I did have plural grilled hamburgers - 3 in total plus grilled corn on the cob.

3 burgers + corn for dinner, and what at burger king?

Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, and *GULP* Large Regular Dr Pepper (with a full refill)...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »

You have to drive to Burger King don't you?

It would be more like you went out of your way to give in to temptation.

Burger King is about 2 1/2 miles from the school.  It is also right across the street from the Subway I frequent.  I went to Subway yesterday, so I didn't want to repeat it.  There is no cafeteria in the school, just a break room with vending machines.  So, it is either take your lunch or go out for lunch.  I didn't feel like taking my lunch today and I paid the price...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies