Opinion of Poland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:05:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Poland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FC

HC

HC - Love the Polish Jokes though

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Opinion of Poland  (Read 8212 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: December 05, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »

A country that seems to have known what the word trauma is.

The eastern populations, and the one of Poland first, puzzles me and I'd like to meet them closely. As well as the city of Warsaw, this mix of Soviet architecture (and especially that big squared building with a big arrow on it) and of 'identically made' rebuilding. The city of Cracow too, would it be just because of its French name Cracovie, and to compare with Warsaw. Also attracted by there to see how the 'Western' modernity took place there within a few years, what sort of mix it can give.

Other than that it seems there is still this heavy Catholic feeling that seems to be able to seriously plumb the ambiance there sometimes.

And still other than that, would be glad to see how the Polish beaches are about.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2009, 01:51:58 PM by Benwah »

More precisely about Polish plumbers, I guess what happened in my country is not for nothing about that.

Back in 2005, the French referendum on the 1st constitutional treaty. Campaign. A big argument of the rightists who were for the 'no', was that this constitutional treaty would make effective an amendment that would permit to offer job to people in an European country with the salary rules of the country from which the workers come. In short, for example, you could give a job to a Polish plumber in France, and pay him with a Polish wage. So, of course, people feared. Fearing all these workers from Eastern Europe stealing jobs of French. But the outcome of this referendum wasn't only about that, far off.

It focused on Polish Plumbers because that was them 'no-ist' used to speak about, and I think it had also to do with the fact that the guy who defended his amendment against no-ist, Mr Bolkenstein (Bolkestein Frankestein, and so forth) complained about the fact that he had problems to find a plumber when he was in his home in France or that it had to wait too long (which was false, journalists tested and you can easily find one and without waiting too much). It came to speak about the Polish plumbers for this surely due to the fact that, yes, they were more present in that realm and searching some work, I've effectively seen several documents on Polish workers passing each week or each month to work in Western Europe and were just back in Poland during a few days. And in France they let a big flat in which they sleep at say 5-10 people. I've lived it myself, during a small while I was in a flat from public low-cost domain (what we call HLM), about 2 years ago, and during a while I could see a van with an Hungrian license plate of yes 7/8 people, coming back each evening in blue working clothes going in the twin building of mine, and as far as it seems, knowing the occupation of other flats, they all were in the same flat.

So, here is about the evil Polish plumbers. A poorly exploited image in both sens of the debate.

Amusingly Poland replicated by a touristic campaign about that, no more remind whether it was during or after the referendum, with this:

It says: I stay in Poland, come numerous.

They profited to make the nurses, so that everybody can be happy:

Saying: Poland: I'm waiting for you.

Oh and, I just discovered that some French played with it:

Saying: Yes to Polish nurse in France

Saying: Poland proposes you to meet its nurses: Professionalism, Estheticism, Devotion (and marriages if affinity)

Everyone will appreciate the taste according to his.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

Pity about (the residual, never mind the historic) Anti-semitism.

A pretty common 'disease' in that part of the world, sadly. And at least active participation in the Holocaust was confined to a surprisingly small handful of atrocities... unlike the Ukraine or the Baltics... or...

Yes; this seems to be a favourite topic of yours....

I must say it's also what passed through my mind...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »

I doubt he is.

He also seems like a useless post-padder, so I doubt he's a worthwhile addition.

lol, when Hashemite says welcome. Cheesy

Personally I don't see yet a reason of why he wouldn't be.

Though yes, I must say that with 124 posts in a night, someone took a dose yesterday.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »

I doubt he is.

He also seems like a useless post-padder, so I doubt he's a worthwhile addition.

lol, when Hashemite says welcome. Cheesy

Personally I don't see yet a reason of why he wouldn't be.

Though yes, I must say that with 124 posts in a night, someone took a dose yesterday.

Thank you very much for making me feel welcome. As for my 124 posts last night, I just have a lot of spare time at the moment and I feel this is an appopriate way to spend it. I feel that I am being very productive in my discussions, though.

Well, welcome, may you enjoy.

But Hashemite was kinda right too, yesterday you privileged a lot more the quantity than the quality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies