Will Trump get 1,237 delegates?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Trump get 1,237 delegates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No, but he will be the nominee

No, he won't be the nominee (brokered convention)

Yes, but he won't be the nominee

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Will Trump get 1,237 delegates?  (Read 2381 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »

i'm rather afraid the party bosses don't have a choice

Who are the Trump delegates?  Are they party people, or are they Trump true believers?  If the rest of the delegation says to the 1150 Trump delegates, "no," what then?  Can the party tighten the screws? ("Fall in line or go in our book of shame and you can forget about serving our party in any capacity ever again.")

Varies I believe, a lot of them will be party people though.

not nearly enough to install a candidate besides drumpf  or zodiac ted, i should think
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »

If Trump doesn't get the nomination, I guess he will run third party.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »

Voted "no, he won't be the nominee (brokered convention)" but it seems increasingly clear to me that the convention will not be brokered at all and will in fact be under the firm control of Ted Cruz.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 12:28:19 PM »

Of course he will.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »

He'll probably come within ~50 delegate of the 1,237 target. Then Ted Cruz will steal it from him at the convention and either lead America into a new age of darkness, or lead the Republican Party into a new age of political obscurity.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »

He'll probably come within ~50 delegate of the 1,237 target. Then Ted Cruz will steal it from him at the convention and either lead America into a new age of darkness, or lead the Republican Party into a new age of political obscurity.

The GOP is no longer a party that can win Presidential elections.  They are structured to allow the right third of the political spectrum to control Congress, which in a way, makes the entire presidential primary process a zoo, and stacks the deck against them.   A Ted Cruz candidacy may teach them - finally - that a "true conservative" will never win, because you cannot win a nationwide election appealing to 1/3 of America.

But a Cruz defeat would keep the party together.  Hillary Clinton would become president, the five-ring circus that is the GOP would rally together to oppose her, they'll keep voting to repeal Obamacare, they'll filibuster Scalia's replacement, they'll filibuster Ginsburg's replacement, and they may even bring impeachment procedures against her at regular intervals.

And they will keep marginal control of the House and filibuster control of the Senate, unless or until the other 2/3 of America actually stands up to them in midterm and local elections, which is how they gain and maintain disproportionate power.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 03:16:18 PM »

No, but he'll come close and they'll probably just give it to him at the convention.

People will literally be murdered in the streets if he doesn't get the nomination.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

No, but he'll come close and they'll probably just give it to him at the convention.

People will literally be murdered in the streets if he doesn't get the nomination.

(Michael Jackson eating popcorn dot jpg)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

Most likely right now he does, but just barely.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »

No. We've hit Peak Trump. It's all downhill for him from here (and not in a good way).

I dont know if we have. It's an interesting call.

I am concerned he is still too controversial at a stage in the campaign when he needs to demonstrate a level headed approach.

The Cruz-wife saga, the KKK, Megyn Kelly and the very impersonal nature to opposition figures in the political world.

You really need a 'world event' like Mexican muslims hijacking a Chinese jet for Trump's fears to becomenyour reality.

If he gets into the General, the question will be "Can he attract new voters?". Can he get a higher voter turnout?

I think he will have yugely successful moments during the GE, but you need to be in front on the scoreboard on election day.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »

If he gets into the General, the question will be "Can he attract new voters?". Can he get a higher voter turnout?

As loathsome as Clinton is to so many Americans, she will pass the gut check when the alternative is Donald Trump.  I keep telling myself this during sleepless nights.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies