Catholics only: should women be ordained as priests? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Catholics only: should women be ordained as priests? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

Yes, but higher church positions should remain reserved for males only

No

Not a catholic, but I can't resist clicking something

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Catholics only: should women be ordained as priests?  (Read 3899 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:51 PM »

I hold the Church's teaching as correct (especially as it is an internal matter which only affects itself), and I don't find it some great injustice that women can't be ordained, but I've never heard a great argument for why the doctrine is as it is. I get that Jesus never "ordained" women as his apostles, but he also never ordained a thousand other demographic groups; why are women special? I don't see that as a definitive reasoning to bar women from the priesthood, especially with the certitude with which the Church has proclaimed the lack of faculty. What is the natural law rationale? What is it about the female nature which makes it unsuited for ordination? Perhaps TJ or someone else knows.

1 Timothy 2 seems to give the scriptural argument against woman's ordination.  I don't know if it counts as a natural law argument but it seems to argue it is a result of what occurred in the Fall. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies