President Forever Primaries Update!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:59:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever Primaries Update!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever Primaries Update!!  (Read 20353 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: January 19, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

Hmmm... they are bringing back different types of advertising again.  I like that.  I really hope we don't have to pay for this, though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »

It's offical!!!

President Forever + Primaries will be released on October 16th!!

Of 2007?  I thought so
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »

Hmmm... I paid for this last night, and they still haven't sent me an email back to download... I see that they are as timely as always.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

Has anyone acctually won the primaries in this game, yet?  Granted, I play with Giuliani each time, but My campiagn always seems to work out exactly the same way... I start out strong and then I crash after Mini-Tuesday.

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that McCain is gonna win every single time.  Even in my one game where Gingrich did really well, McCain still ended up clobbering him in a four way split convention... another unrealistic feature of the game - no one ever drops out until the end I got Romney to drop out once to be my VP after PA was already over.

Is there some secret to winning that I haven't discovered yet?  The Democrats seem to nominate someone different each time.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »

I've decided I don't think the game is really very good.  All the candidates are aged 50 and they've not given us the option of choosing new candidates; for the Democrats where are Al Gore, Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh?  For the Republicans where is Condoleeza Rice or Mike Huckabee?  Also, the way the funds are doled out in the national races you can advertise for as long as you want in any state and make it competetive, i.e. Democrat could win Utah and a Republican New York.  I never liked dynamism but now its not even an option in the game, its already incorporated in it.  Plus I can't save games and then go back to them. 

I agree 100%.  To pile on more things that make this game disappointing:

1) No candidate editor.  What the Hell?  You can't even edit candidates in the script, because it automatically boots you out of the page if you try to edit it.

2) I finally got to the general election last night be simply removing McCain... even then I only got about 1400 delegates... barely enough to win.  Anyway I got to the News paper endorsements and... only two of the ones from PA were named anything but "Pennsylvania --------".  The Philadelphia Inquirer has its proper name, as does the Allentown Morning Call... what are those the only two papers in the state that matter?  Thing is, I know what papers they were trying simulate... the "Pennsylvania Post-Gazette" is obviously the Pittsburgh Post Gazette... the "Pennsvlvania Centre Daily Times" is suppost to just be "The Centre Daily Times"... the "Pennsylvania Times" is supposed to be the "Erie Times".  Then when I tried to change it... of course, you can't.

3) As Rudy, I obviously didn't contest in Utah, Alabama and most of my opponents home states... so what happens when I get out?  I am down sizable margins in states that Republcians never lose... and to Hillary Clinton no less.  Also, by the time I get out of the primaries, the are NO undecided voters.  Highly unrealistic.

Anyway... Steelers game is starting so I'll end this, but I could go on.

The whole game just reaks of a total disregard for quality and a lack preperation that I have come to expect from the continue set backs and disappointments that went into the creation of this game.

Did I mention that I am disappointed?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »

Has anyone researched five scandals without releasing any of them?  The game kind of, uh, bugs out when you do.  I can't believe they didn't catch that one.

I had to restart the game because it was impossible to do anything after that point.

The game has been bugging for me after researchng one scandal... if I research it, then leave it on hold for even a couple of turns, I get an error msg upon trying to release it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 12:18:24 AM »

Has anyone researched five scandals without releasing any of them?  The game kind of, uh, bugs out when you do.  I can't believe they didn't catch that one.

I had to restart the game because it was impossible to do anything after that point.

The game has been bugging for me after researchng one scandal... if I research it, then leave it on hold for even a couple of turns, I get an error msg upon trying to release it.

Can you do anything besides releasing that scandal?  When I did what I described, every single action in the game gave me an error message and didn't work (including closing it - I had to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of it).

Yeah... I can do other things just not release the scandal
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »

I got the editor to work, but now I can't set the persentages for characters that I come up with.  It gives me an error message.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies