What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:00:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 18271 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: December 12, 2022, 03:41:50 AM »
« edited: December 12, 2022, 02:58:07 PM by Ishan »

Larry Hogan's pre-campaign preparations

To plan for his 2024 run for the Presidency, Larry Hogan will release a book - and will embark on a book tour following the end of his gubernatorial term. The tour will start in Baltimore - and after stops in Washington DC, Fairfax and Richmond, Hogan will tour Iowa and New Hampshire, with stops in major cities in between his visits to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Hogan will try to orient himself as the candidate who can create a more secure America - touting his work in reducing crime in Maryland, and along with an agenda of supporting law enforcement such as increasing funding for police, being tough on prisoners "who deserve it", and a "reasonable" plan to secure the border. Along with that, he will also talk about a "strong America abroad", arguing that a closer relationship with Israel, a good relationship with Ukraine with more funding against Russia, and additionally - a strong stance against China is important for a strong America.

While not confirming an interest in running, Hogan will try to present himself as much as possible - on media outlets, local newspapers, town halls, to promote himself and his book so that the average American can know more about him so he can distinguish himself from the rest of the field when he does declare.

Following the end of his book tour in late April, he will meet with various "moderate" Republicans - to ensure that he can get their endorsements before anyone else - because shouldn't they endorse him, it would presumably be the death knell of his campaign.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 05:07:37 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2022, 07:11:42 PM by Ishan »

Hogan announces his candidacy on April 20th, 2023

Well thank you very much Boyd for the very kind introduction.

I'd first like to thank my wife Yumi, my daughters Kim, Jaymi, and Julie and to my entire family, it is to them that I am here to announce my candidacy for the Presidency.

But first, I'd like to talk about why I am running.

I am running for the future of our nation - as I believe that we shouldn't continue our current course.

To quote the person who got me into politics, Ronald Reagan - America is "the shining city upon a hill" - and I and all decent Americans agree with that statement.

President Reagan is remembered for being one of America's most transformative Presidents because despite the Democrats controlling one chamber of Congress throughout his Presidency, he was focused on solving real problems Americans faced and ensuring the safety and tranquility of all Americans - ensuring the most Conservative agenda in a generation along with defeating the Soviet Union.

It is for him that I got into public service. As Governor of Maryland, despite the Democrats controlling both houses of the Legislature - I have pushed a commonsense agenda which helped Marylanders and took us forward from the previous Democratic administration which hiked taxes, lost businesses and jobs, and caused an exodus of Marylanders fleeing incompetence and bad policies.

When I talk to fellow Americans, people are dissatisfied with the current direction of the country - higher inflation and bad economic management, high taxes and high gas prices, more crime and a weaker America in general.

I am a member of the Republican Party because the Republican Party is the party of economic growth, public safety, low taxes and prices, and pride in America and a strong America.

And as a citizen, I decided to run for President because I believe in America. I want America to prosper - to be "the shining city upon a hill" which our citizens can come together to be proud of our direction and our values.

It is a shame how so many of our politicians only seem to act for the sake of getting attention, instead of the betterment of our nation and citizens. I am tired of the direction of these out of touch insiders and provocateurs who only care about themselves first.

While out of touch Washington politicians and provocateurs engaged in political theater instead of getting things done, I as Governor of Maryland helped to pass healthcare reform which reduced insurance rates for everyone by more than 30%. We in Maryland moved forward on public transportation projects.

As President, I want to get things done for working folks and families, especially those struggling under high inflation. I want to get things done to repair America - to repair failing bridges and roads and to improve our public transportation and healthcare system - and it is telling how no other candidate has talked about things like that. I want to prove to Americans that we can get stuff done - instead of the gridlock and bad management - we can get ordinary Americans to thrive, instead of them being hurt by bad management and policies and especially to those who feel forgotten by those in power.

And I hope for you to join me on the campaign for the Presidency, so we can get things done for the betterment and wellbeing of our country.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 05:40:02 PM »

Advertisement for the Hogan campaign on facebook/instagram.

(Ignore how I misspelled rein)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 08:05:08 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2022, 08:09:02 PM by Ishan »

Larry Hogan speaks in Greer, South Carolina on April 28th, 2023

Well firstly, I'd like to thank all of you for being here and for taking time out of your day to watch me speak.

When I talk to people and ask them what they want, they want their local roads to be fixed, they want their communities to be safe and clean, they want a better future for their children.

It feels like many candidates don't care about things like that - they want to be flashy and flamboyant for the sake of being flashy and flamboyant.

I want to bring jobs back to America - as Governor of Maryland, the state which was once dead last in manufacturing, I helped turn it to become one of the top states for new manufacturing jobs.

I toured the BMW facility earlier today, and it was wonderful seeing it - seeing so many SUVs be produced here is wonderful, and as President - I want to ensure that the facility will be expanded and that there will be more manufacturing plants in South Carolina and across America.

I want there to be more American jobs, because a nation which outsources everything is a weak country and something which can't happen, for the sake of our nation.

I want there to be more houses for Americans by providing incentives for housebuilders to build more houses which the average person can afford, as someone involved in real estate - the fact that many working people can't afford to buy a house horrifies me and as President I aim to rectify that.

It is a shame how other candidates attack and attack - without providing anything on what they'd do to this country. I would love to see their plans for the betterment of our country and how they would help Americans, because when I hear them talk, they should talk to people on the street about things like the rhetoric they are spewing and see their reactions.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 08:10:42 PM »

Larry Hogan makes a statement on April 23, 2023

I have been a Republican my whole life - and I consider myself in step with the everyday Republican and the idea that I am not is laughable.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 05:19:30 PM by Ishan »

1. An Opening Statement

Well firstly, I'd like to thank Fox News for hosting this debate and for allowing us to debate the future of our nation.  I am running for President because I want competent leadership who will restore America's prosperity and do things that help working Americans -even if out-of-touch politicians and personalities want to do nothing but engage in political theater and get nothing done instead of bettering our country and as your President, I hope to ensure that you have a better quality of life than you did 4 years ago.

2. Raise your hand if you believe that Donald J. Trump is the rightful winner of the 2020 Presidential Election (Say if you raised your hand and if you like, write one or two sentences)

Larry Hogan didn't raise his hand.

3. Who is your favorite Republican President in your lifetime? (Keep your answer concise, 2-4 sentences)

My favorite President is Ronald Reagan and he is the reason why I got into public service. President Reagan defeated the Soviet Union and effectively showed the superiority of democracy over a repressive system of communism. He fought for ordinary Americans first over anything else and during his Presidency, many conservative policies were enacted which helped many working Americans, lowered inflation, and boosted our national pride in our nation.

4. The United States has an out of control inflation problem. The cost of housing, food, energy, and gasoline is spiraling, what will you do to control inflation and bring down costs for working Americans?

As President, I would lower the federal gas tax and invest in energy production to produce more American jobs and to ensure energy independence, and I would remove Biden's bans on new oil and gas development on federal lands and reduce dumb regulations that limit energy production.

As someone who worked in real estate, I would simply incentivize homebuilders to build more houses - and increase the supply of houses so that housing prices can go down. Every American should own a house and owning a house should be achievable for Americans, so I would subsidize the building of new houses to lower housing prices.

I would lower food prices by subsidizing the costs for oil, animal feed, and fertilizer for American farmers for the foreseeable future and by a comprehensive plan to lower inflation so that by 2026, food prices would be lower than food prices in 2020.

I want people to make more money at their jobs, pay less taxes, and be able to buy a house and feed their families and be able to comfortably save and invest in our economy and I want to be the President who fights for the everyday working American, not out of touch politicians.

It is a shame how other candidates are spewing political rhetoric instead of talking about their plans to help Americans and I hope that they realize that Americans don't want their hubris and they want action instead of talk from their elected representatives.

5. Will you support a national abortion ban? Would it be after 15 weeks of pregnancy? 10 weeks? 6? Or would you prohibit all elective abortions?

Like most Republicans and as a devout Catholic, I support a ban after 15 weeks with some common sense exceptions to rape and incest. I am pro-life and while I support limitations on when someone can get an abortion, I oppose a national ban.

Personalized Questions:
To Governor Hogan: Governor, instead of voting for Donald J. Trump in 2020, the overwhelming choice of conservatives and Republicans, you wrote in Ronald Reagan for President. Why? Do you think Donald Trump was a good President?

I wrote in Ronald Reagan because I found Trump and Biden to be too unpalatable for me. Ronald Reagan is my personal hero alongside my late father so when I didn't like the chaos of Trump's presidency and while I like many of Trump's policies, I think he wasn't a good president because of his conduct.

6. Rebuttal Period/Free Space

Well, Roger Stone - why are you a Senior Advisor for a Canadian political party? You claim to be a patriot but you advise Canadians instead of helping Republicans in your own country - something which is quite hypocritical and offensive to me as I am someone who is proud to be living in the best country in the world and to be a Republican unlike you.

If you want, I'll buy you a one-way plane ticket to Canada right now!

more to be added on later as more people respond
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 12:33:18 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 12:38:33 AM by Ishan »

June

Larry Hogan will spend the majority of June campaigning in New Hampshire - holding campaign events and town halls in the evenings and nights on weekdays and campaigning all day on the weekends. A very brutal schedule - but necessary for the survival of the Hogan campaign. Hogan will meet with newspapers and Republican politicians in New Hampshire on prospective endorsement, and will court the Governor on an endorsement.

Toward the end of the month, Larry Hogan will campaign in Iowa, campaigning in Iowa's cities and suburbs of those cities, and establishing a presence in Iowa. Hogan will also be touting his plan to help American farmers by subsidizing the costs for oil, animal feed, and fertilizer and try to attract farmers to the Hogan campaign, even if it is unlikely for that to happen.

July

Larry Hogan will continue to campaign in Iowa for the first week or so, and then he will go back to New Hampshire.

For the rest of July, Larry Hogan will continue to campaign in New Hampshire and to expand his operations in New Hampshire - he will campaign with the various New Hampshire political figures who have endorsed him, such as Charles Bass, Chuck Morse, Jeb Bradley, and Judd Gregg and expand his advertising campaign in New Hampshire.

Following the op-ed by the New Hampshire Union-Leader, Hogan will spend a week meeting with local Republican leaders - from local town party chairs and aldermen to Governor Sununu though it is unlikely for the latter to endorse him now. Hogan will minimalize his campaigning during the week - campaign once every two days or so and the campaign hopes that it can create a strong campaign in the state.

Following the long week, Larry Hogan will rest for a day before going on a flight to Nevada to campaign for two weeks.

August

In Nevada, Larry Hogan will campaign in the Las Vegas area for the most part, spending three days in Reno and Carson City - where he'll campaign on rebuilding infrastructure and making areas safer and lowering crime.

Following the end of his time in Nevada, Hogan will travel to South Carolina - where he will spend a week, touting his agricultural policies in more rural areas - and appeal to the South Carolina suburban voter by touting his positions on public safety and his plans for schools in urban and suburban areas.

Following the end of his South Carolina and Nevada tour, Hogan will go back to New Hampshire - where he will spend the remainder of the month campaigning and creating advertising for the campaign.

National advertisement - We should better that.

Larry Hogan - Hello, my name is Larry Hogan. I am running for President because

scene of crumbling roads

I see our roads and bridges crumbling - we should fix that

scene of classroom

I believe that our children should receive a better quality of education - we should better our schools.

scene of grocery aisle

I believe that our groceries expenses shouldn't be as high - we should have lower food prices.

scene of gas station

I believe we shouldn't have to spend as much to fill our gas tanks - we should have lower gas prices.

scene of chart

I believe that the high rate of inflation is outrageous - we should lower our inflation and remove bad economic policies which hurt Americans.

scene of capitol building

I believe that we should get things done - not let out of touch politicians engage in political theater and hurt our nation.

returns to Hogan

As your President, I will fix the problems we face - from high gas prices and inflation to crumbling roads neglected by out of touch Washington politicians. I hope you will join me on my journey to become your President and I hope you go to LarryHogan.com.

I am Larry Hogan and I endorse this message.

Iowa Ad - Fighting for farmers

The ad introduces Bob Johnson, a farmer and veteran who lives near Cedar Rapids

Hi there, my name is Bob and I am a soybean farmer and I support Larry Hogan for President because he is the only candidate who is addressing issues faced by us.

He released a plan to help farmers - something no candidate has done.

He cares about rural America - while other candidates pander and divide, Hogan addresses problems which we feel. He talked to me and my wife about bettering our schools and classrooms - so that my daughters can get a good education.

He is open and approachable and willing to answer any question asked - as someone who was skeptical of Hogan, when I met him a few weeks ago - I saw his passion for betting our country, and as a veteran, I see plenty of politicians claim to want to better our country, but Hogan's the real deal.

I see Larry Hogan as someone who will call out the political elites' bull crap and better our country, and that is why I am caucusing for Larry Hogan. I hope you will caucus for Larry Hogan when caucus day happens.

scene ends

I am Larry Hogan and I agree with Bob's message.

New Hampshire ad - Getting things done for you

ad begins with Larry Hogan

I am glad to have the support of a wide variety of New Hampshirites who want to get things done, and today you will see them and see their reasons why they support me.

scene switches

My name is Maggie Richards, I am a mother and I support Larry Hogan because he cares about the education of children, and as a mother that's important to me.

scene switches

My name is Neil Patel, I am a software developer and as someone who needs to drive a long distance to work, Larry Hogan seems to be the only candidate who has a plan to lower gas taxes for good.

scene switches

My name is John Stewart, and I run and own a motel, and I support Larry Hogan because he cares about brightening up my area so more tourists can come and invest their money into our economy.

scene switches

My name is Brenda Martin, and as someone who needs to find good insurance which can cover my brother, I support Larry Hogan because he believes in lowering insurance premiums and better healthcare.

scene switches back to Hogan

I am glad to get the support of Maggie, Neil, John, and Brenda - and I am sick of out of touch politicians and personalities rambling on about crap, and I believe it is time to rein in them so we can address problems and better our country and get things done - and if you also believe in that and what Maggie, Neil, John, and Brenda said, you should join our campaign at LarryHogan.com.

I am Larry Hogan and I agree with this message.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 04:28:09 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2023, 09:11:15 PM by Ishan »

On responding to Larry Hogan's attack:

Nice attempt at sounding like a Trump conservative, Larry, but you'll have to try harder next time. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people around the world who also deserve their freedom and liberties. Reagan talked about this all the time. If I can help inspire our neighbors to the north break free from socialism without sacrificing my loyalty to this country, just as I've done, that's a beautiful thing. What have you ever done that actually amounts to something, Governor?
Larry Hogan's response to Roger Stone
How ironic is it for someone who has been convicted of seven felonies to lecture someone about the importance of doing something, I spent my career leading a real estate company and helped developed land and built communities - then later on as Governor I lowered crime, taxes, and improved the quality of life of Marylanders. What have you done to directly affect our country, Mr. Stone aside from advising people, both domestic and foreign and your vanity run for the Presidency?

Abridged version of a Press Release from the Larry Hogan campaign - August 1, 2023

Many Americans cannot afford retirement, and I believe we should give relief to America's retirees who most need relief by removing taxes on retirement income for many retirees, along with a variety of reforms which will fix various issues in Social Security to make it more sustainable for future generations.

Additionally, we must also lower Medicare premiums, and in Maryland, I helped lower Medicare premiums - I hope to replicate that nationally as President.

WEB AD - Targeted towards retirees on Fox News/various social media platforms nationally

As President Larry Hogan will eliminate taxes on your retirement income and improve social security

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 10:43:44 AM »

larry hogan will drop out and endorse youngkin because i have mock trial stuff
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length