Combined embrio of human and monkey! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:32:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Combined embrio of human and monkey! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Combined embrio of human and monkey!  (Read 832 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 17, 2021, 06:02:11 PM »

Muh aborshun...

I mean, thinking you are a parent immediately after having sex is no more or less unreasonable than thinking there’s more than two genders...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:31:39 AM »

Religious studies academia have been pushing for religious information in school, arguing that keeping religion as a uniquely taboo subject may violate the Constitution. Here is someone arguing for the benefits of it:

Stephen Prothero is probably the most notable (IE public) advocate of this.

The study of comparative religion is very different from teaching young Earth creationism in schools.

It happened in m High School. It was taught in English class when they discussed the classics.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »

When there is talk of teaching religion in schools, a vast number of advocates for it don't mean 'comparative religion' but 'my religion is true'. Even if they don't say it. It's entirely constitutional to teach comparative religion

And it's pretty evident. In my high school, in a small rural town that was in a relatively secular far-right state, they did taught some comparative religion about creation myths without it ever feeling that it was what we were supposed to actually believe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies