CPRM, Pt 2: AL (RO) 7/17; GA (RO) 7/24; TN 8/2; 274K ballots left in CA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:43:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CPRM, Pt 2: AL (RO) 7/17; GA (RO) 7/24; TN 8/2; 274K ballots left in CA (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPRM, Pt 2: AL (RO) 7/17; GA (RO) 7/24; TN 8/2; 274K ballots left in CA  (Read 109223 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 05, 2018, 02:01:44 PM »

I went to one of the voting centers (Sac and 4 other counties are testing a new system) today. There was literally no one within two miles of the voting center. I saw 12 tumbleweed still by when I walked up to the door. Turnout will probably be in the negatives thanks to the moderate winds in Sacramento.

On a more serious note, I'm guessing it will take Sacramento and the four other counties longer to tally their votes unless they've already started tallying what they have now.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »

Why don't people just use the CA SoS website?  It's pretty easy to use and gives more updated results.

https://vote.sos.ca.gov/

Newsom pulls ahead in the gov race.....shocker....

I demand maps.

The SoS site has maps...
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:39:49 PM »

Nice
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 12:51:51 AM »

Chiang outpacing Allen and Villaraigosa in Sacramento and Yolo.

State workers. I guarantee it.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:38 AM »

Who the Christ is Robert Newman and why is he winning Alpine County.
Must be a reporting error, because Alpine has recorded 0 votes for Gavin Newsom despite two precincts reporting.

Yeah.

It's a reporting error. SoS and NYT have results from 2 precincts and they gave Newsom's 74 to Newman.

Newsom won Alpine based on their unofficial canvas of all precincts.

Newsom        142  38.90%
Cox                  88  24.11%
Allen                 33    9.04%
Villaraigosa       25    6.85%
Chiang              35    9.59%
Eastin               15    4.11%
Renteria            10    2.74%
Others              17    4.66%

https://www.alpinecountyca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2170

Someone told Miles about it already haha
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 01:07:43 AM »

Who the Christ is Robert Newman and why is he winning Alpine County.
Must be a reporting error, because Alpine has recorded 0 votes for Gavin Newsom despite two precincts reporting.

Yeah.

It's a reporting error. SoS and NYT have results from 2 precincts and they gave Newsom's 74 to Newman.

Newsom won Alpine based on their unofficial canvas of all precincts.

Newsom        142  38.90%
Cox                  88  24.11%
Allen                 33    9.04%
Villaraigosa       25    6.85%
Chiang              35    9.59%
Eastin               15    4.11%
Renteria            10    2.74%
Others              17    4.66%

https://www.alpinecountyca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2170

Someone told Miles about it already haha

Alpine has been fixed; SoS and NYT only have 3/5 precincts though. I got all 5. Take that!
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 01:15:56 AM »

Michael Jackson's lawyer is getting less than 2% in the Senate primary, behind TYT stan Alison Hartson.

It's a shame they put so much effort into this and not let de Leon have it. The 400K Harston raised in this race could have given Menendez a scare for his life in which at worst he would have drifted left.
Tonight shows that a well-funded progressive challenger would've taken down Menendez. It is a pock on the houses of every organization that grew out of Bernie 2016 -- Our Revolution, Justice Democrats, Brand New Congress, even my organization the DSA -- that they didn't even attempt to find one.

There was no lefty professor from Rutgers? No county official? No longtime activist? No progressive small businessman? No union leader? No public school teacher?

No, let's boost Alison Hartson and Paula Jean Swearengin instead.

I have to agree with you there. Not sure why Menendez gets a pass. People give cops crap about the blue line, but senators do the same.

Edit: Gayle McLaughlin is languishing in 8th place in the CA-Lt. Gov race with 3% despite being supported by OurRev. I voted for her because I liked how she stood up to Chevron as mayor of Richmond.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 01:21:23 AM »

Lassen County appears to have the same results for 2 of the ballot props in CA. Their overall results look screwy. Maybe Yes and No got flipped in transcription? Hmm...
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 01:49:31 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2018, 01:54:14 AM by Fubart Solman »

John Chiang won a precinct in Sacramento County (there might be more, but there's at least good old precinct #44757.

Edit: 47302 and 47226, both of which are in the Pocket, also voted for Chiang. Not gonna check any more, but I looked at most of South Sac, the Pocket, and Elk Grove.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »

CA-GOV and Insurance Commissioner runoffs are both D vs. R.

Technically Insurance Commissioner is D vs NPP, but Poizner used to be a Republican (and indeed held the office as a Republican from 2007 to 2011). My friend suggested that "former" Republicans will change to NPP to get a boost based on this result. We'll see how it goes for Poizner in the fall, but he could win it.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 02:17:40 AM »

CA-GOV and Insurance Commissioner runoffs are both D vs. R.

Technically Insurance Commissioner is D vs NPP, but Poizner used to be a Republican (and indeed held the office as a Republican from 2007 to 2011). My friend suggested that "former" Republicans will change to NPP to get a boost based on this result. We'll see how it goes for Poizner in the fall, but he could win it.
Poizner is a de facto Republican, just like Angus King is a de facto Democrat.

Oh, absolutely. With the Republican name being mud in CA, more might choose to shed the label in favor of NPP despite still being conservatives.

Also, Patrick Little is sitting at 1.4% When all the results are tallied, we'll need to see which county is the most racist.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 10:57:27 AM »

Does anyone remember what time we should know the remaining number ballots per county?

Ballots have until Friday to come in, but I'm sure that some other will have been counted by then.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 03:08:30 AM »

None of these Candidates (D) seems to be taking more votes than None of these Candidates (R).

Registered zombie DINO voters too lazy to switch registrations. We've seen random protest candidates win rural counties before so the Dems tonight actually aren't doing too bad in that regard.

Looks like Esmeralda is being that county tonight. Rosen tied for the senate nomination, None of the Above won for governor, and Hansen won Lt Gov there (the only county she won). They had about 42 Democratic voters in the whole county. There's about 800 people in the whole county IIRC.

The Gubernatorial primary on the Dem side is an interesting map. It sorta looks like NV-2 vs the rest of the state. Weird considering that both major candidates are from Clark County.

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 01:20:20 AM »

First time using GIMP
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies