February 2017 Federalist Convention (Southern Senate: Leinad Wins Primary) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February 2017 Federalist Convention (Southern Senate: Leinad Wins Primary) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: February 2017 Federalist Convention (Southern Senate: Leinad Wins Primary)  (Read 6270 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 16, 2017, 11:10:02 AM »

So much for choice! I'm surprised NAY's even an option on the ballot.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:16:29 AM »

So much for choice! I'm surprised NAY's even an option on the ballot.

We like our party leaders over here

Translations:
"Dried up bench - no talent!"
"Total dictatorship - dissent squashed!"

In either case, shameful
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 03:24:20 PM »

Mr. Chairman, I motion to formally expel DFW, for I find his lack of faith in the Federalist Party - as clearly demonstrated by leaving it to form a splinter movement - to be Deeply Disturbing.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »

You and me both! Possibly Traitorous DFW, too, but I'll reserve judgement.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »

Despite Adam not being a member of the party, I will address his concerns anyways.

A. I did not leave the party to hurt the party, I left the party to help try and build a centrist type coalition that could help make Atlasia a better place, I failed, but what else is new.

B. I also left because I have been essentially running the recruitment and elections operation around here for the past few months and I had no position in leadership despite this. I talked to leadership about it and they ignored me so I felt hurt, oh well I guess. Thus the motion you see above, I do have an "appointed position" that is not really plainly visible as the thread is buried, so I wanted an official voting position, if that is petty....then so be it, others have done much worse.

C. Why do you feel the need to troll me when I clearly have IRL things going on, I have had a terrible month and you just keep going on and on about it, most people would've had a mental breakdown by now, honestly.

1. You take stuff way too seriously - in all my years I'm not sure I've seen anybody with as much power being as thin-skinned as you, and maybe it's the result of your very rapid ascent as to why you can't handle criticism, even in a facetious manner. Low Energy Lumine, Low Energy Leinad and many others were much better sports and despite my constant criticism of them, I could respect them for handling themselves accordingly

2. It seems like every day there is something reportedly happening in your life that precludes you from any criticism

3. Bringing real-life issues into the game is not fair to others because we all have things going on that affect us - I've never tried to generate sympathy for myself in this game because of something that happened in my real life, and I honestly view those that do as opportunists seeking to score political/sympathy points from others (which is why I rarely have any sympathy for them)

4. As much as you and others may laugh at my old ways, I do actually believe people have a responsibility to represent the parties and movements that elected them; you're a sitting President, not some random Joe. I'm not sure if you're aware of how destabilizing such behavior can be, or if you are aware and want to turn such behavior into political opportunism by building some grand trans-partisan coalition like others have done - either way, behind closed doors, the Federalists have every right to be upset with you over this. These things should always be handled internally until/unless there is literally no other recourse

5. "Centrist parties" are a recurring cancer on the game, by the way: it's not me saying that through the prism of a partisan hack. People from all political walks of life who've been in this game long enough generally are in agreement because they've seen it. The reality is that they arise, suck in a bunch of people from across the spectrum, ultimately end up standing for or agreeing on nothing but the idea of "centrist" being nice as a result, end up only being governable by personality cults, choke out competition as they proceed to win every election due to the natural of preference voting and inevitably collapse in often destructive ways and leave a mess in their wake

Anywho, I won't post in here anymore. It really wasn't my intention to get into a big fuss and expose internal party workings because somebody can't roll with the punches.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies