Ron Paul wants guns on airplanes, racial profiling for freedom (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:02:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul wants guns on airplanes, racial profiling for freedom (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul wants guns on airplanes, racial profiling for freedom  (Read 3717 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: July 09, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »

Next time, when terrorists shoot everyone first, guns will be so useful!

I was unaware that there were guns that could, in a single clip, kill several hundred people.

None on planes and all in the middle east, but wouldn't racial profiling have picked them up here? 

Moscow's not in the Middle East.

Wasn't on a plane.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »

In the Soviet Union, all pilots were armed. I don't think plane hijackings happened very often.

For everyone to be armed is inviting terrorism. Keeping pilots and stewardesses armed so that defense is possible in the event of terrorism is a lot simpler, and probably more effective, than present airport security procedure.

If the private sector  took over airport security, it would be free to allow only pilots, stewardesses, etc to have guns on the plane (I find it absurd that the TSA checks pilots for weaponry too, like they need a gun to hijack their own plane). There might be a higher chance of a terrorist having a gun too because of less intrusive checks, but that terrorist would be less effective with an armed crew. Furthermore, no groping, radiation, etc would be needed.

Don't misinterpret him here; he isn't saying that every airport must allow everyone to stroll onto the plane like a walking armory. He is saying that each individual airport should deal with its own security as opposed to having the TSA grope everyone and fail to catch bombers regardless. It would, if nothing else, be far better than the current system.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »

I'm black and Catholic. Suppose I should prepare to be profiled.

When it comes to profiling, it would be less "who has a higher chance of having a bomb" and more "who is not going to have a bomb". That precludes mentally sound veterans, little old ladies, infants, the disabled, etc.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies