Kay Hutchison may be appointed to Ambassador to Great Britain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:31:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kay Hutchison may be appointed to Ambassador to Great Britain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kay Hutchison may be appointed to Ambassador to Great Britain  (Read 4155 times)
M

« on: May 18, 2005, 12:48:05 AM »

Kay Bailey Hutchison ambassador to the uk.

Does she like bad food?

-No. She's from Texas; whatever else you may say, we do eat well.-

Does she like soccer?

-Not particularly. She likes football. She was a cheerleader at UT.-

Does she like people getting incredible drunk whatever the day is?

-Probably not.-

Does she like bad transport?

-Of course. She's from Texas.-

Does she like expensive gas?

-You mean it costs money? (She's from Texas).-

Does she like expensive food?

-If it's good.-

Does she like the UK?

-Sure. They birthed Winston Churchill.-

Gurl fun for governor.
M

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 08:55:55 PM »

Kay has, just yesterday, explicitly denied interest in the Ambassador post.  She is still thinking about challenging Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) in the GOP primary in 2006.  However, if she wanted to stay in the Senate, she would be offered the #3 leadership post the Senate Republican Conference Chair in the 110th Congress (2007-2008).

www.politics1.com has this story (look under Thursday News Update)

Funny, everybody's bribing her so she doesn't take on Perry.  I wouldn't mind her doing that.  Perry may be closer to me ideologically, but he seems like an empty suit to me.  I still prefer him to that idiot we have in Alabama though.

You're right; he's an empty suit. In theory he's the more conservative candidate, but not particularly or avowedly so, it's just something that is and he won't hesitate to use it against Kay if he feels he has to. She's my favorite of the two, too. But no one wants the Texas party to tear itself apart. We Republicans like to boast of our unity (compared to the Democrats); while in some ways it's always been a fiction and in other ways it's become completely untrue (many more moderate Republicans than moderate Dems these days, though neither branch has much power) we'd rather not tear ourselves apart.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies