The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:47:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239391 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:23 PM »

Hard to pick 10 favorites and even harder to put them in order, so I'll just name the first ten that came to my head ... SUPER subject to change:

Livin' On a Prayer by Bon Jovi
Coast of Carolina by Jimmy Buffett
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes by Jimmy Buffett
Summer of '69 by Jimmy Buffett
Frenchman For the Night by Jimmy Buffett
The Load Out/Stay by Jackson Browne
December 1963 by Four Seasons
Maggie May by Rod Stewart
I've Got a Rock 'N' Roll Heart by Eric Clapton
Let Me Take You Home Tonight by Boston

You're just spamming...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »

Hard to pick 10 favorites and even harder to put them in order, so I'll just name the first ten that came to my head ... SUPER subject to change:

How the hell is this absurd or ignorant?

Even 1 jimmy buffet song is unacceptable. That list includes 4.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

Oh my God.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »

Oh my God.

I don't care if you think you're too cool for the kind of music I enjoy, but that's not the purpose of this thread.  Bromance aside, you've been here a while, and I'd think you'd agree that Santander just copying and pasting my posts in this and the irony thread as liberally as he does is kind of lame.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »

It never fails to amaze me how many people, particularly liberal and young people, do not understand the way criminal law works in the United States of America.

As someone who grew up around many policemen, went on ride-alongs until I was 21 years old, and fascinated with criminology , it pains me to see how many people are utterly clueless when it comes to the law.

Little things that regular people see and don't understand. For example, an article will be released saying, "Coroner rules police shooting of suspect a homicide". You'll have people screaming at the top of their lungs, "THE CORONER RULED THAT GUY'S DEATH A HOMICIDE! WHY WON'T THE COP BE CHARGED!?!"

They don't realize that any shooting death, even justified, is always ruled a homicide.

Do you know how many charges of sexual assault and rape are not really sexual assault and rape? Liberals cry about how "75% of rapes and sexual assaults go unpunished." What they are failing to understand is that those cases are typically not sexual assault or rape.

Girl runs into police station. She said she was raped.

What happened?

Guy offered her crack if she'd have sex with him. She had sex with him. Afterwards, he says, "Whoops...all out of drugs."

She gets mad, runs out of the house, finds a cop and says she was "raped".

No she wasn't. At all. This type of crap happens every single day. Call it trouble makers, duping, misogyny, whatever you want, but it is not rape or sexual assault.

Donald Trump was privately bragging to Billy Bush how being famous gets him laid. There is no crime there. No sexual assault, no rape, no nothing. Just a guy being boastful about his sex life due to fame and star-power.

Same thing with this NFL crap. Wanna know why all these NFL players are protesting against police brutality? Because they are troublemakers who don't like cops because cops, rightfully, put them in their place for breaking the law.

An NFL player is arrested every seven days, on average, for crimes as varied as domestic abuse and rape, gun violations, drug offenses, disorderly conduct, burglary, breaking traffic laws, and occasionally even murder. Why do you think people (since I was a teen atleast) refer to it as the "National Felony League"?

It's all about the law guys. Not "social justice" or any of this stuff that half the country doesn't even believe is real. It's about criminal law. Not civil law, not some ugly old woman in a goofy hat in Florida whining about Donald Trump, it's about CRIMINAL LAW.

Once you understand the law, you understand the way the world works. Always remember, the loudest "victims" usually are the ones with something to hide.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »

In the Democratic stronghold that is Virginia, no surprise.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:38 PM »

It never fails to amaze me how many people, particularly liberal and young people, do not understand the way criminal law works in the United States of America.

As someone who grew up around many policemen, went on ride-alongs until I was 21 years old, and fascinated with criminology , it pains me to see how many people are utterly clueless when it comes to the law.

Little things that regular people see and don't understand. For example, an article will be released saying, "Coroner rules police shooting of suspect a homicide". You'll have people screaming at the top of their lungs, "THE CORONER RULED THAT GUY'S DEATH A HOMICIDE! WHY WON'T THE COP BE CHARGED!?!"

They don't realize that any shooting death, even justified, is always ruled a homicide.

Do you know how many charges of sexual assault and rape are not really sexual assault and rape? Liberals cry about how "75% of rapes and sexual assaults go unpunished." What they are failing to understand is that those cases are typically not sexual assault or rape.

Girl runs into police station. She said she was raped.

What happened?

Guy offered her crack if she'd have sex with him. She had sex with him. Afterwards, he says, "Whoops...all out of drugs."

She gets mad, runs out of the house, finds a cop and says she was "raped".

No she wasn't. At all. This type of crap happens every single day. Call it trouble makers, duping, misogyny, whatever you want, but it is not rape or sexual assault.

Donald Trump was privately bragging to Billy Bush how being famous gets him laid. There is no crime there. No sexual assault, no rape, no nothing. Just a guy being boastful about his sex life due to fame and star-power.

Same thing with this NFL crap. Wanna know why all these NFL players are protesting against police brutality? Because they are troublemakers who don't like cops because cops, rightfully, put them in their place for breaking the law.

An NFL player is arrested every seven days, on average, for crimes as varied as domestic abuse and rape, gun violations, drug offenses, disorderly conduct, burglary, breaking traffic laws, and occasionally even murder. Why do you think people (since I was a teen atleast) refer to it as the "National Felony League"?

It's all about the law guys. Not "social justice" or any of this stuff that half the country doesn't even believe is real. It's about criminal law. Not civil law, not some ugly old woman in a goofy hat in Florida whining about Donald Trump, it's about CRIMINAL LAW.

Once you understand the law, you understand the way the world works. Always remember, the loudest "victims" usually are the ones with something to hide.

The electoral college. It is the only one I voted for. All the other options are bullcrap. You get 270 electoral votes, you win. The end.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »

...I see things have come full circle to him again.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #358 on: October 22, 2017, 10:30:43 PM »

I mean, even I have a hard time defending what he says...
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2017, 11:28:32 PM »

I mean, even I have a hard time defending what he says...

My favorite quote by him thus far:

White Americans don't riot in public. We riot in the voting booth.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:45 AM »

Naᛋᛋo strikes back.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »

The Nasotollah is proof that the GOP was even worse before Trump when it comes to....these kinda things.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2017, 10:18:00 PM »

Most self-described centrists would vote for an outright fascist if the right norms were respected.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »

Most self-described centrists would vote for an outright fascist if the right norms were respected.

That's a great post, actually.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »

I'm stunned she got that many Dem votes.

She said that climate change is partially caused by humans in her confirmation hearing. Also she's a devout member of the proper religion for this job (Catholicism).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »

When people empty quote a post in here, I'm never sure if they are agreeing that that post is Absurd™ or Ignorant™ or if they are reposting that post in here because to post it here was Absurd™ or Ignorant™.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »

David Duke is made out to be a raving lunatic racist by people on the left and right of the polical establishment.  Denouncing David Duke is how every conservative reassures people that he's compassionate and sympathetic to all races and religions.  And yet, if you listen to David Duke you'll hear a calm, rational and articulate man.  He has more intelligence in his pinky finger than Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly have in their entire bodies.  
David Duke does not espouse hate, violence, or white supremacy.  He stands for peace and traditional values.  He opposes torture.  (I happen to support enhanced interrogation, but that's beside the point.)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2017, 12:25:05 AM »

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2017, 12:43:17 AM »

He wouldn't get more than 5% in a Republican primary.  He might actually do somewhat better in a Democratic primary, where his views on eugenic abortions might be better received, considering their love for Planned Parenthood, the single most racist organization with any political influence in America.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2017, 12:53:08 PM »

Trump is the President. So obviously America chose him.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2017, 04:15:31 PM »

The type of voter who is turning out for a Republican in an Alabama special election probably supports the Dred Scott ruling anyway.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »

The type of voter who is turning out for a Republican in an Alabama special election probably supports the Dred Scott ruling anyway.

What's so inaccurate about this

The absurd hyperbole?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »

Hardy har har
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »

I'm an actual conservative, and I have no problem with that post.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »

The absurd hyperbole?

Meh. There's been stupider things. Does anyone really dispute that there's a non-insignificant portion of the Alabama Republican base that would support Dred? Not anywhere close to a majority by any means, but I guarantee you there'd be double digit support for it. You have this:
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_SouthernSwing_312.pdf

The crosstabs must be way off- a higher percentage of women have a football team (between Alabama and Auburn) than men?  Also, you can get people to say anything on a poll, usually just trolling.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies